Mental Health Counselor
- Monday to Friday schedule
- 2+ years' experience required
- Experience with evidence-based practices preferred
- Masters or doctoral degree in Psychology, Social Work, Counseling, or related field
- Ability to obtain and maintain a valid Washington state license as a Licensed Independent Clinical Social Worker (LICSW), Licensed Mental Health Counselor (LMHC), Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist (LMFT), or Licensed Clinical Psychologist (LCP) by the Department of Health of the State of Washington.
- Competitive compensation and excellent benefits, including Washington State Retirement and relocation assistance
Where You'll Work
NorthEast Washington Alliance Counseling Services (NEWACS) provides outpatient behavioral health services from five rural locations in Eastern Washington, serving a largely Medicaid population of all ages in beautiful Stevens County. These clinics provide services ranging from individual and group therapy to substance abuse assessments and treatment. Its mental health program takes a recovery-oriented approach to alleviate symptoms and restore emotional, cognitive, behavioral and social well-being.
Where You'll Live
Colville is in the northeast corner of Washington, 40 miles from Canada and 35 miles from Idaho. This spectacular countryside has vast, mixed-conifer forests, rugged river breaks and the mighty Selkirk Mountains rising to the east. With a population of 5,000, there is a quiet, Victorian downtown area with plenty of boutiques and restaurants to explore. Big-city shopping, entertainment and other amenities are just 70 miles south in Spokane.
Who You'll Work For
NorthEast Washington Alliance Counseling Services (NEWACS) is a Stevens County government department providing behavioral health care and other human services for Stevens, Lincoln and Ferry counties in northeast Washington. With a workforce of over 130 employees, NEWACS provides mental health, substance-use disorder and employment services to this rural region. NEWACS offers these services to the community through outpatient centers as well as a 16-bed inpatient adult mental health evaluation and treatment facility in Colville, Washington.
Equal Opportunity Employer including disability/veteran
Job ID Number: 15707
Apply for Mental Health Counselor
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly.
You do not need to create an account to apply for this job.
This application including your CV, if uploaded, will be sent directly to the employer.