Regional Traveling & Tele Medicine Hospitalist - Northwell Health - Long Island, New York
The Northwell Health Department of Medicine is seeking Board Certified Hospitalists to join our innovative Tele Medicine Hospitalist Program. The Hospital Medicine Service of Northwell Health cares for patients in 16 hospitals across the Northwell Health geography, along with a tele-hospital medicine service caring for both hospitalized and skilled nursing facility patients. The services we provide vary from primary medical to surgical co-management, in smaller community settings to tertiary and quaternary care. With this size, there is incredible opportunity for the motivated hospitalist who wants to see and learn more about our variety of care delivery, work with new teams, and have the opportunity to provide tele-medicine in a modern environment.
In this position opportunity, time would be split 50-50 between the tele-hospital medicine center in Syosset, NY, as well as providing bedside care in hospitals across the Eastern and Central Regions. With the ever-increasing size of our health system, there is incredible opportunity for the motivated hospitalist who wants to see and learn more about our variety of care delivery. As part of this position, you get to determine the scope of your involvement with either site initiatives working with our incredible teams or be involved in system level programs to drive improvement across the system with the Hospital Medicine Medical Director.
An ideal candidate would be an experienced hospitalist with excellent communication skills, ability to foster collaboration and teamwork. There is tremendous potential for leadership and skills development in the areas of quality, patient safety, and clinical research. Opportunities to teach and supervise rotating medical students and residents are already in place.
- 24/7 Coverage by physician with nursing and administrative support to allow focus to be on patient care
- Average of 6-12 encounters per shift, including admission, consultative, and SNF visits during a tele or night shifts. 14 – 18 during a day-time bedside rounding shift.
- Resident and medical student teaching rotations
- Research and publication opportunities through quality improvement initiatives and teaching
- Mileage paid for travel to hospitals
- Full Northwell benefits package including PTO, health insurance, CME, 401k matching, etc.
- Assistant Professor through Hofstra University School of Medicine
- Additional Northwell per-diem / moonlighting opportunities consistently available
For further details or to apply, please send your CV to: email@example.com