SEBMG is seeking a BC/BE OB/GYN to join our collaborative OB and midwifery hospitalist program at Alta Bates Hospital in Berkeley, CA.
Location: Berkeley, CA.
This hospital is part of the Alta Bates Summit Medical Center, the East Bay’s largest private not-for-profit medical center. Alta Bates Hospital delivers approximately 6,000 babies from within our community annually and is a referral center for high-risk obstetrics.
The hospital has:
- 24 LDRP rooms, 3 ORs on labor and delivery, an 8-bed OB Triage
- A 14-bed Antepartum Unit with affiliated MFM co-management
- A 55-bed Level-III NICU with in-house neonatologists. Advanced practice nurses specialized in new born evaluation and resuscitation attend deliveries
- Two in-house OB anesthesiologists
- A full electronic medical record system and remote fetal heart rate monitoring
Responsibilities will include delivery attendant, OB triage, patient evaluation and management, surgical and OB delivery assists, fetal monitoring, and ED coverage for OB patients. This opportunity involves working closely with an on-site midwife who is part of the team. In addition, our hospitalists work collaboratively with local obstetricians and midwives who deliver at Alta Bates. There are two hospitalists in house, 24/7, and one midwife in house, 24/7. A back-up hospitalist is also available.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- An active and unrestricted CA license
- Current DEA license.
You will be part of a large multispecialty medical group which includes robust outpatient specialties and inpatient adult medicine and surgical hospitalist programs.
Our benefits include:
- Health (various options), life, vision, dental, and disability insurance
- 401 K- Profit Sharing Pension Plan with an employer funded Safe Harbor contribution
- Advanced and continuing medical education
- Leadership training and advancement opportunities
- Group shareholder potential
- Professional liability insurance
- Support and payment for mandatory license/s and hospital credentialing
*Benefits are prorated to full-time status and employees in other types of employment classifications may be eligible for some of these benefits.
Sutter East Bay Medical Group
We are a multispecialty medical group made up of over 300 clinicians, including physicians, nurse practitioners, and physician assistants practicing in 25+ specialties throughout Alameda and Contra Costa Counties. Our medical group is recognized for excellence with multiple awards for our quality of care, innovation, and leadership.
Sutter East Bay Medical Group is affiliated with Sutter Bay Medical Foundation, a not-for-profit health care organization providing operational and administrative support, including the latest technology, allowing physicians to focus on delivering exceptional patient care.
Apply for OB Hospitalist
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly.
You do not need to create an account to apply for this job.
This application including your CV, if uploaded, will be sent directly to the employer.