Chief of Addiction Medicine
The Chief of Addiction Medicine at Crozer Health oversees the treatment protocols and clinical operations of the Inpatient and Outpatient continuum of care in the substance abuse treatment programs. Oversight includes our inpatient and outpatient programs located at Crozer Chester Medical Center and Delaware County Memorial Hospital. This includes working collaboratively with all providers, program managers, and directors in the hospital based and outpatient addiction treatment services to ensure treatment/medication compliance. The Chief of Addiction Medicine at Crozer Health is responsible for providing leadership and supervision to a staff of physicians and Advanced Practice Providers in the clinic and hospital settings as well as monitors the provision of high quality patient care. Additionally, the Chief of Addiction Medicine serves as liaison between the identified settings and senior management ensuring open communication as well as heads quality improvement initiatives for the settings. Participates in regularly scheduled administrative/management meetings. Promotes a culture of safety and quality in the settings. Please note: the largest portion of the position is dedicated to direct clinical care, with the balance providing administrative duties. The inpatient and outpatient addiction settings will be a future training site for our psychiatry residency program.
This is a full-time position reporting to the President and Chief Behavioral Officer of Psychiatry and Behavioral Health.
- Demonstrates leadership experience, including administrative experience and skills.
- Experience in addiction medicine, community health, and/or behavioral health required.
- Candidates must have addiction experience and X-waiver is required.
- Psychiatric and Medical license.
- Qualified candidates will be board certified in Addiction Medicine or Addiction Psychiatry,
- Current MD license in the State of Pennsylvania required plus current DEA registration
- (26) Days of paid time off each year, which includes CME
- (6) Legal holidays
- $3,500 CME allowance annually, including dues/subscriptions allowance
- Malpractice Insurance coverage provided
- Health insurance package
About Crozer-Chester Medical Center
Crozer-Chester Medical Center is Delaware County’s premier destination for advanced clinical care. This 300-bed facility is home to the county’s first cardiothoracic surgery program, a renowned neurosciences team, the largest group of psychiatrists in the region, and a comprehensive range of specialty and tertiary-care services.
Additionally, Crozer is the only hospital in the Philadelphia suburbs equipped with a comprehensive emergency department, trauma center and burn treatment center. As a teaching hospital and regional medical campus for Drexel University College of Medicine, our physicians work to train the next generation of healthcare providers through our residency, fellowship and allied health programs.
Crozer Health System
Crozer Health System is a four-hospital health system based in Delaware County, Pennsylvania serving Delaware County, northern Delaware, and parts of western New Jersey. These facilities house a Level 2 trauma center, a regional burn center, three regional cancer centers, and a kidney transplant center. It also includes a network of outpatient centers, urgent care centers, and a sports club. Crozer Health System is committed to the improved health status of those we serve. Through a seamless, user-friendly continuum of quality health services including primary, acute, and long-term care, through rehabilitation and restorative care, Crozer deploys its resources in a cost-effective and community-responsive manner. Working with our community, we promote a place to live, work, and enjoy our families.
Crozer Health Medical Group
Within our health system is the health network which is the largest primary care and specialty physician network in Delaware County. With over 300 physicians who practice in locations throughout the county, CHMG offers an array of specialty and subspecialty services, including family practice, internal medicine, pediatrics, obstetrics and gynecology, gynecologic oncology, reproductive endocrinology, sports medicine, and multiple surgical subspecialties.
The Crozer Health Vision:
- Commits to its academic mission to educate both current and future clinicians and caregivers;
- Explores and implements new technologies for delivering care;
- Builds partnerships within our community to meet the physical, emotional and spiritual needs of those we serve;
- Creates an environment where each employee, physician, volunteer, and board member uses their skills, creativity and learning to promote the health and well-being of our patients, their families and communities;
- Accepts responsibility for being the steward of community health resources now and for future generations.
Apply for Chief of Addiction Medicine
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly.
You do not need to create an account to apply for this job.
This application including your CV, if uploaded, will be sent directly to the employer.