Palliative Medicine Physician - Medical Director
The Palliative Care Service Line at California Pacific Medical Center (CPMC) has an exceptional opportunity for a BC/BE Palliative Medicine Physician with an interest to implement and expand outpatient palliative care services in our Advanced Organ Therapy clinics.
Location: San Francisco, CA - CPMC Davies Campus
- Candidate will become Medical Director for our Advanced Organ Therapy Palliative Care Service, supporting patients with end-stage heart failure and life-limiting hepatobiliary disease through the spectrum of illness, from pre-transplant evaluations through active therapy and, at times, end-of-life transitions
- Opportunities are available to participate in research and program development
- As a member of the Sutter West Bay Medical Group, you will appreciate the benefits of a multispecialty medical group to pursue your professional goals, while providing high-quality care to a diverse patient population
- The Medical Director will provide direct resident education during core Palliative Care rotations
- Regularly participate in staff education and protocol development
- Prior experience in program development is preferred
- Three-plus years experience preferred
Our Nationally Recognized Interdisciplinary Palliative Care team consists of physicians, nurse practitioners, palliative care chaplains, volunteers, and staff social workers. The Palliative Medicine department has been providing care for inpatients for over ten years and has grown in size and scope during that time. CPMC is a tertiary care hospital, providing advanced medical care for a 24 Sutter Health hospital system, including neuro, cardiac, and critical care ICUs, oncology, advanced heart failure and hepatology, transplant, and interventional endoscopy services. CPMC is associated with an ACGME-accredited Internal Medicine Residency Program, which includes rotations in Palliative Care.
Sutter West Bay Medical Group
Sutter West Bay Medical Group (SWBMG) is rapidly growing in San Francisco and Marin. Our structure enables clinicians to work within a supportive team to provide excellent care. Our caregivers develop and share best practices, mentor new peers, and contribute to clinical initiatives. The collegial environment attracts physicians and advance practice clinicians who are patient-centered, innovative, value teamwork, and are committed to excellence.
Sutter West Bay Medical Group (SWBMG) is a 150+ member multispecialty group that is affiliated with Sutter Pacific Medical Foundation (SPMF), a non-profit medical organization affiliated with Sutter Health and the larger Sutter Medical Network. SPMF is a non-profit medical organization affiliated with Sutter Health that provides primary and specialty medical care, research, and education.
- Competitive Compensation
- Full Benefit Package
- Continuing Medical Education (CME) funds and education days
- Retirement program
- Shareholder Eligibility
EEO - Equal Employer Opportunity
Apply for Palliative Medicine Physician - Medical Director
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly.
You do not need to create an account to apply for this job.
This application including your CV, if uploaded, will be sent directly to the employer.