Medical Director, Gynecology
Provides leadership and strategic medical direction for gynecologic services within an Intermountain Healthcare hospital to advance performance in each of Intermountain Healthcare's Fundamentals of Extraordinary Care. This position will champion provider growth and development, innovation, continuous improvement, and will be accountable to achieve the system goals established by the Women's Health Clinical Program and Surgical Specialties operations lane.
The Medical Director for Gynecology is a facility leadership role with system-wide participation expectations reporting to the Medical Director of gynecology and the Associate Medical Director of OB/GYN within the Women's Health Clinical Program with accountability for gynecologic care within McKay-Dee Hospital. The Medical Director is responsible for several core areas; 1) Clinical leadership for the facility's gynecologists and APPs 2) Management of clinical operations for gynecologic practice within the facility 3) Partners with hospital surgical services leaders to optimize quality, safety, and operations of gynecologic care within the hospital 4) Partners with Women's Health Leadership to develop system-wide standards for gynecologic care 5) Participates in system Women's Health OB/GYN development team and participates in system projects for creation of gynecologic surgery protocols, best practice, etc. 6) Tracks Key Process Indicators and metrics for system and hospital goals and reviews them frequently with providers to identify opportunities to improve care 7) Partner with hospital nursing leadership in the operating to implement protocols, initiatives and safety bundles 8) Participates in peer review, HEAT, RCA and Rapid Event Investigations regarding gynecologic complications and provides updates at Dept Mtgs re: lessons learned, updates, and protocol improvements 9) Addresses professional or performance concerns as indicated 10) Optimizes patient experiences for those receiving gynecologic care within the hospital and addresses patient concerns as needed 11) Educates gynecologic providers practicing within the hospital about system-wide gynecologic practice standards
The Medical Director works collaboratively with Obstetric, Gynecologic, and Surgical leaders across Intermountain Healthcare including Surgical operations lane, Clinical Programs, Clinical Services, Office of Patient Experience, Hospital Administration, Hospital CMO, Intermountain Medical Group and Select Health. Physician shall be credentialed and privileged on the medical staff of an Intermountain Hospital and will have a clinical practice spending approximately 4-6 hours/month on administrative duties and the remainder of their time providing clinical care. The Gynecologic Medical Director reports to the Medical Director of Gynecology and Associate Medical Director of Obstetrics and Gynecology.
- Attend Surgical Council meetings at facility and actively participate with their initiatives.
- Attend Department of Surgery meetings at facility.
- Attend Ob/Gyn Department meetings and report back on any OR/Surg Ops/Department of Surgery/Surgical Council initiatives or information.
- Work with Supply Chain and OR managers for Gyn surgery equipment needs at facility, in coordination with Clinical Programs.
- Review all hysterectomy infections and other adverse outcomes with facility staff as indicated and coordinate with Clinical Programs.
- Participate in HEAT, Peer Review, REI meetings as indicated for events at facility.
- Attend Clinical Programs Division team meetings and report back to facilities on initiatives, review data and address individual fallouts on goals as needed at facility.
- Attend Robot Development Team meetings for Gyn services (once a quarter) and report back to Department meetings, if robot available at facility.
- Coordinate with Clinical Programs on goals related to Gyn services and facility performance.
- M.D or D.O. with residency or fellowship training and Board Certification in obstetrics and gynecology or Maternal Fetal Medicine. Degree must be obtained through an accredited institution. Education is verified.
- Licensed or able to be licensed to practice Medicine in the State of Utah.
- Holds active privileges or qualified to be credentialed at an Intermountain Hospital and SelectHealth.
- Must be able to demonstrate effective leadership skills and the ability to work effectively and collegially with clinical and non-clinical staff to move others to action and model the vision and values of the organization.
- 3-5 years of clinical experience with progressive leadership experience in obstetrics.
- Exceptional verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Exceptional character and integrity and commitment to mission, vision, and values of Intermountain Healthcare.Desired traits include: peer respect engendering trust among others, proficient at building teams and forging partnerships, willingness and ability to resolve conflict and enhance effectiveness of others, ability to effectively communicate vision and enroll others, zeal for change and bias to action, and ability to delegate responsibility and empower others.
- Demonstrated leadership of clinicians.
- Experience delivering telehealth services.
- Interact with others requiring employee to verbally communicate as well as hear and understand spoken information.
- Operate computers, telephones, office equipment, and manipulate paper requiring the ability to move fingers and hands.
- See and read computer monitors and documents.
- Remain sitting or standing for long periods of time to perform work on a computer, telephone, or other equipment.
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Apply for Medical Director, Gynecology
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly.
You do not need to create an account to apply for this job.
This application including your CV, if uploaded, will be sent directly to the employer.