Seeking a board-certified Electrophysiologist
The Division of Cardiology of Albany Medical College is seeking a board-certified electrophysiologist to direct our Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology program. Leadership assets will be highly valued. The ideal candidate should also:
- Have ≥ 5 years of clinical experience, with a proven track record of personal excellence in all aspects of clinical electrophysiology, including atrial fibrillation ablation, other complex ablation procedures, and device implantation.
- Be a proven educator, possessing the commitment and skills required to achieve our goals for excellence in undergraduate and post-graduate medical education, including the future development of an electrophysiology fellowship.
- Support our academic mission through the design and execution of clinical and/or translational research studies.
- Employ a rigorous approach to quality assurance and quality improvement towards the goal of refining evidence-based practices on our electrophysiology service and in our EP laboratory.
- Possess leadership and management competencies required to organize our electrophysiology laboratory and our clinical service and lead them to a position of regional prominence.
In joining our academic faculty, the successful candidate will enjoy ample opportunities to teach medical students, residents, and cardiology fellows. Research and other scholarly work are encouraged and supported commensurate with the skills and accomplishments of the clinician scientist.
The Division of Cardiology has fully accredited cardiovascular medicine and interventional cardiology fellowship programs. The successful candidate will work in a collegial environment that emphasizes multidisciplinary approaches to patient care and research, as well as dedication to medical education. Salary and academic rank will be commensurate with experience.
Albany Medical Center is a non-profit corporation consisting of our large tertiary academic hospital in the city of Albany, multiple regional community hospitals, more than 50 outpatient practice sites, and Albany Medical College, which is one of the oldest private medical schools in the United States. Albany Medical Center is a non-discriminatory AA/EOE employer (minorities and women are encouraged to apply).
Send curriculum vitae with a letter of interest to:
Albany Medical College, Mail Code-47
47 New Scotland Ave., Albany, N.Y. 12208-3478