Trauma Critical Care Physician - West Islip, NY * Full Time
Good Samaritan Hospital, a member of Catholic Health, is a 435-bed teaching hospital that specializes in critical care. With over 950 physicians on staff, a 16-bed Surgical ICU staffed with six Full-time Critical Surgeons and six Physician Assistants plus additional units including the neurosurgical ICU, cardiac ICU, medical ICU (MICU), neonatal ICU (NICU), and pediatric ICU (PICU), you will come to see why we are the experts in medicine, and leaders in care.
- Clinical responsibilities occur in SICU and level II trauma center
- Acute care call part of the responsibilities separate from trauma/SICU
- SICU: 14-16 patients per day requiring consults, rounds, and 3-4 admits
- Trauma service – level II adult and pediatric ACS-verified trauma center. Average 5 admits/day with in-house trauma census 12-15 patients.
- Trauma clinic every Thursday afternoon
- 12-Hour shifts with a consecutive schedule in SICU or trauma service- 3-4 days/2-3 days off
- Call: 17 clinical shifts and 1 admin 10-hour shift
- On-call shifts: 10, 12, or 14 hours in length
- 24-Hour shifts also an option
- Typical surgeries: vascular, general, orthopedics, trauma, and acute care for both adult and pediatric populations
- Optional: academic responsibilities - affiliation with Mt. Sinai Medical Center. Teaching, research, and professorship available
- Fellowship trained in surgical critical care
- BC in general surgery and surgical critical care (BE considered)
- Fellowship trained in trauma with ATLS, ACLS, and PALS
- Pediatric surgery a plus
- H-1B candidates considered
- (Associate medical director position a possibility)
At Catholic Health your well-being comes first, with comprehensive compensation and benefits; our offerings go beyond the basics. In addition to multiple medical plans, life insurance, generous paid time off, and flexible spending accounts, we also offer substantial tuition reimbursement, an employer funded pension plan, and several savings plan options for your future. For immediate consideration, please e-mail your CV to: email@example.com
GOOD SAMARITAN HOSPITAL
A member of Catholic Health
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
Apply for Trauma Critical Care Physician - West Islip, NY * Full Time
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly.
You do not need to create an account to apply for this job.
This application including your CV, if uploaded, will be sent directly to the employer.