Essential Job functions :
- Performs direct and indirect patient care activities following RN instructions, physician orders, policies, procedures and regulations.
- Facilitates and maintains the constant flow of patients.
- Helps discharge patients from the ASC.
- Assists with prepping the patient for surgery.
- Communicates repair orders to appropriate personnel.
- Practices proper hand washing and principles of infection control.
- Cleans and makes stretcher between cases.
- Communicates any problems, concerns or issues promptly to the Nurse/Physician.
- Establishes and maintains a positive working rapport with all physicians and nursing staff.
- Works as a team member demonstrating a positive, supportive and helpful attitude towards patients, families, visitors, co-workers and physicians.
- Protects the privacy and confidentiality of patients and employees.
- Works effectively with co-workers to resolve identified problems.
- Uses proper body mechanics during all activities and duties.
- Demonstrates understanding of Emergency and Fire Safety procedures .
General Job functions:
- Customer service - Patient greeting, assistance.
- Patient charts - Prep, sign in documents.
- Uses Advantix to identify waiting patients.
- Gives assignment on schedule.
- Greets patient. Changes patient in appropriate area with direction.
- Assists pre-op patient as needed (age appropriateness/disability.)
- Utilizes lockers and documents charts appropriately.
- Utilizes Chair/Stretcher appropriate to surgical case.
- Collects and completes UCG testing with nurse notification.
- Conducts and completes BP, HR, O2Sats, temp.
- Verbalizes use of glucometer.
- Communicates as needed patient concerns, changes in status, or abnormal results to healthcare personnel.
- Uses Healthworks computer program to access needed pre-op labs.
- Completes EKG's.
- Accesses Mysis program for old EKG's.
- Assist with bringing family to bedside.
PACU I / II:
- Assists in receiving patient, including placing module in monitor.
- Collect VS.
- Places appropriate oxygen on patient under RN guidance.
- Provides warm blankets or gather necessary warming device.
- Copies discharge instructions. Provides assistance to patients for discharge> (i.e., crutches, wheelchair rides.) Collects discharge signature of patient escort.
- Assists with retrieving family members to PACU I.
- Provides nutrition.
- Notifies healthcare professional of changes in patient recovery status (nausea, pain.)
- Retrieves Patient belongings.
- Remove I.V.'s.
- Refers any and all question or problems to healthcare professional personnel.
- Strips, cleans, and remakes patient stretchers and chairs.
- Restocks Urine pregnancy test kits / glucometer strips.
- Maintains supplies as needed.
- Other job duties as required.
Physical Job Requirements:
- Pushing and pulling, taking frequency and weight into consideration.
- Physical strength to lift heavy objects, carts, or items, taking frequency and weight into consideration.
- Physical mobility, which includes movement from place to place on the job, taking distance and speed into account.
- Physical agility, which includes ability to maneuver body while in place.
- Dexterity of hands and fingers.
- Balance is maintained during climbing, bending and/or reaching
- Endurance (e.g. continuous typing, prolonged standing/bending, walking).
- Chemicals, Chemotherapy and Fumes
- Loud noises
- Extreme temperatures
- Confined spaces
- Allergens: dust, mold and/or pollen
- Magnetic fields
- Exposure to infectious hazards, blood, body fluids, non intact skin, or tissue specimens
- Contact with patients or patient specimens is possible
- Unplanned or unexpected exposure
Education, Certification, Computer and Training Requirements:
- Associates degree required. Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Nursing Assistant certification required. Heart Saver certification required.
- 0 - 1 years experience. 2-4 years experience preferred.
- Ability to communicate in English, both orally and in writing required.
- Strong interpersonal skills required.
- Ability to organize and perform multiple tasks required.
- Experience with Standard Office Equipment (Phone, Fax, Copy Machine, Scanner, Email/Voice Mail) preferred.
- Experience with Standard Office Technology in a Window based environment preferred.
- Experience with patient care and nursing equipment preferred.
- Experience with EHR, Practice Management System and Departmental/Ancillary Systems preferred.
- A friendly and fast-paced environment working with passionate people
- Outstanding growth opportunities
- Time Off
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Short/Long Term Disability, HSA, and Life Insurance
- 401K plan with company matching contribution
- Cash Bonus Programs
- Recognition and rewards programs to recognize successful teams
- Other Perks & Discounts
- Commuter and parking discount program to help you save (using pretax dollars)
*Full Time Benefit Eligible Employees Only
Equal Opportunity Employer
Our Company provides equal employment opportunities ( EEO ) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of, race, color, religion, creed, gender/sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression (including transgender status), national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, pregnancy, military status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, and local laws.
Our Company cares about the safety of our employees and applicants. Our Company does not use chat rooms for job searches or communications. Our Company will never request personal information via informal chat platforms or unsecure email. Our Company will never ask for money or an exchange of money, banking or other personal information prior to the in-person interview. Be aware of potential scams while job seeking. Interviews are conducted at select Our Company locations during regular business hours only. For information on job scams, visit, https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/JobScams or file a complaint at https://www.ftccomplaintassistant.gov/ .
Apply for Nursing Assistant
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly.
You do not need to create an account to apply for this job.
This application including your CV, if uploaded, will be sent directly to the employer.