Department of Pediatrics Vice Chair for Medical Education - New Jersey
Rutgers Robert Wood Johnson Medical School
New Brunswick, NJ
The Department of Pediatrics, at Robert Wood Johnson Medical School, seeks a Vice Chair for Medical Education to play a vital leadership role ensuring the Department remains a pioneer in Pediatric Medical Education. Academic Pediatric generalists and pediatric sub-specialists are welcome to respond.
- The Vice Chair will lead Department efforts in recruitment, curriculum, CME and all other areas related to Pediatric Medical Education
- The Vice Chair will help develop and manage the Department's education budget
- The Vice Chair will report directly to the Department Chair of Pediatrics and play a key role as a member of the senior leadership team
- The Department of Pediatrics is composed of 123 full-time and more than 200 volunteer faculty members, organized into 16 pediatric medical subspecialty Divisions that partner with four key pediatric surgical subspecialty services
- Associated Centers of Excellence include The Boggs Center for Developmental Disabilities, the Child Health Institute of NJ, and the Institute for the Study of Child Development
- The Medical Campus is the home of the Rutgers Cancer Institute of NJ, the PPSE&G Children's Specialized Hospital, the Child Health Institute of New Jersey, and pediatric emergency and inpatient clinical services at the Bristol-Myers Squibb Children's Hospital of the Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital in New Brunswick, NJ
- The Department is undergoing a renaissance during the merger of two major health systems to form RWJ Barnabas. During the past three years, more than 40 new faculty members have been hired to expand the Department's academic and clinical programs. The Department's faculty recruitment efforts are ongoing
- New Brunswick, NJ has been nicknamed the Health Care City as it is home to a number of leading healthcare institutions
- Middlesex County and nearby Somerset and Mercer Counties offer a broad diversity of living options from the sophisticated and manageable downtown of historic New Brunswick to charming towns that date to colonial days to suburban and rural settings.
- Rutgers University is one of nine US colleges that date to colonial times. The main campus of Rutgers University is in New Brunswick and nearby Piscataway. They offer residents and faculty an exciting university atmosphere and easy access to the many educational, sports, cultural and social events that a major Big 10 University offers.
- Outstanding schools, beautiful homes, and many recreational and social amenities can easily be found throughout the area
- New Brunswick provides all of this and is within one hour drive and easy rail access to both New York City and Philadelphia
Interested candidates please contact:
Vice President of Recruiting
Please reference Position ID 165074 when responding.
Apply for Department of Pediatrics Vice Chair for Medical Education - New Jersey
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly.
You do not need to create an account to apply for this job.
This application including your CV, if uploaded, will be sent directly to the employer.