IU Health Physicians - Pediatric Neurosurgeon (Riley Hospital)
The skilled team of neurosurgeons at Riley at IU Health manages complex brain, spine and nervous system conditions in children of all ages, from infants to young adults. As one of the most highly skilled pediatric neurosurgery teams in the United States, Riley neurosurgeons see patients from all over the world. Performing approximately 900 procedures annually, we routinely treat the most complicated issues, including intractable epilepsy, skull and spine deformities, traumatic injuries, congenital conditions such as spina bifida, benign and malignant tumors, and blood vessel abnormalities in the brain. We are ranked among the top 25 pediatric neurology and neurosurgery programs by U.S. News & World Report and are one of a limited number of hospitals nationally to offer superior tertiary and quaternary care for children with severe neurologic injuries or illnesses.
- Full-time position seeing the full range of pediatric neurological surgery conditions
- Faculty appointment with the IU School of Medicine & academic rank commensurate with qualifications & experience
- The practice offers collaborative multi-disciplinary clinical, educational, and research opportunities in all aspects of pediatric neurosurgery. Strategic initiatives are ongoing in epilepsy and neurooncology and the newly formed IU Neuroscience Institute will be supportive of growth and innovation in these and several other areas.
Key Responsibilities (include but not limited to):
- Split OR/clinic time
- Opportunity to teach, train and mentor medical students, residents and fellows
- Participate in division & departmental activities & conferences, as well as national & regional association meetings
- Physician MD/DO licensed in Indiana or eligible for medical licensure in Indiana
- Board Eligible/Board Certified in Pediatrics & Pediatric Neurosurgery
- Candidate should have a strong commitment to clinical care, education and research
See how you can thrive, right here at Indiana University Health
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusion at IU Health. IU Health does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, national origin, gender identity and/or expression, marital status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Indianapolis, Indiana, the 17th largest U.S. city, is a sophisticated city blending charm and culture with a wonderful balance of business and leisure. Residents of this dynamic city enjoy:
- Leading educational system and top-ranked universities paired with a diverse population
- Vibrant downtown offering arts, theaters, world-class museums, zoo, aquarium, concerts and memorials
- Top ranked international airport: "Best Airport in North America" eight consecutive years
- Lively nightlife, local wineries, retail, and cuisine with local flavors
- Historic neighborhoods with surrounding cultural districts and low cost of living
- Eagle Creek and the suburbs of Westfield and Fishers have been named to Money Magazine's list of the Best Places to Live in America
- Collegiate and professional sports, golfing, boating and unique parks
- Home of the Colts (NFL), Fever (WNBA), Pacers (NBA), Indians (MiLB), Indianapolis 500 (IndyCar), Indy Eleven (NASL), NCAA and USTA Midwest
- Nation's largest half marathon (OneAmerica Mini-Marathon) and national biking awards
- Close proximity to Chicago, St. Louis, Louisville, and Cincinnati
Rewarding Physician and Advanced Provider employment opportunities await with Indiana University Health Physicians.
IU Health Physicians group, which employs nearly 1,900 physicians and advanced providers at more than 175 locations across the state, is one of the fastest-growing, comprehensive, multi-specialty practice groups in Indiana. IUHP also serves as the faculty practice plan of the IUSM and brings together IUSM faculty physicians, IU Health affiliated physicians and private practice physicians to give highly skilled doctors access to innovative treatments using the latest research and technology.
A unique partnership with the Indiana University School of Medicine provides patients with the most innovative treatments and latest technologies offering more treatment options than anywhere in the state. IU School of Medicine also creates unique research and teaching opportunities vital to medical advancement.
About IU Health Physicians:
- Comprehensive primary and specialty physician network, which provides access to extensive clinical expertise
- Physician-led and physician-managed practice group which is dedicated to high-quality, patient-focused care comprised of more than 25 physician practice groups
- Over 1,900 board certified and board-eligible physicians, over 250 advanced providers at more than 175 locations across the state
- Leader in the use of electronic medical records (EMR); over 90% of IU Health Physicians use EMR to improve communication and coordination of patient records
- National leader in quality, through maintaining the highest clinical standards and commitment to rigorous quality initiatives
Indiana University Health National Recognition
- Indiana's only healthcare system to be nationally ranked by U.S. News & World Report 23 years in a row, with 3 specialties ranked in the top 50.
- Riley Hospital for Children at IU Health is ranked among the top children's hospitals in the country by U.S. News & World Report, and is the only nationally ranked children's hospital in Indiana.
- Six hospitals are designated as Magnet® hospitals by the American Nurses Credentialing Center recognizing excellence in nursing care.
- IU Health Transplant is the only comprehensive transplant program in Indiana and one of the nation's largest solid-organ transplant center.
- With more than 200 physician researchers leading the way to new treatments, IU Health Simon Cancer Center is Indiana's only National Cancer Institute-designated patient care center.
- Indiana University Health is one of the largest employers in Indiana
Indiana University Health, Indiana University Health Physicians and Indiana University School of Medicine are EOE/AA Employers, M/F/D.
Apply for IU Health Physicians - Pediatric Neurosurgeon (Riley Hospital)
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly.
You do not need to create an account to apply for this job.
This application including your CV, if uploaded, will be sent directly to the employer.