Chief Medical Officer
Whatley Health Services, Inc. is seeking a Chief Medical Officer (CMO) to join our growing healthcare team.
Whatley is a private, non-profit community health center whose mission is to provide primary health care services to the medically underserved residents of West Alabama. Headquartered in West Tuscaloosa, Whatley has 12 locations throughout seven counties.
The Chief Medical Officer will be responsible for directing all preventive, diagnostic, treatment, and referral care rendered by health care providers working under the auspices of the corporation. Additional duties include (but not limited to):
- Supervises Physicians, Director of Pediatrics, Dental Director, and Mid-level Providers of the organization.
- Serves as principal clinician, and general manager for the medical department.
- Establish health care standards and protocols for each service in the Healthcare Plan.
- Assures performance improvement of clinical programs, including Quality Management.
- Reports to the CEO and to the Governing Board of the Health Center’s clinical programs.
- Must be willing to serve as a supervisor or collaborating physician as assigned.
- Participates in budget development and in the financial management of decisions related to clinical activities.
- Reviews and revises formulary in congruence with medical protocols.
- Responsible for the privileging and process of providers and review of the credentialing process.
- Will be assigned to clinical duties and responsibilities.
Qualifications - Education, Training, Experience, and other Requirements:
- Medical degree from an accredited medical school and a current license to practice medicine in the State of Alabama.
- Must have completed residency for board eligibility, board certification is preferred.
- Must be able to communicate effectively in writing and verbally.
- Must possess good interpersonal skills to promote teamwork.
- Must be sensitive to the needs of people of diverse cultural backgrounds.
- Must view the administrative role as important as clinical; at least three years of medical administration experience is preferred.
This is a full-time position with benefits. The hours are Monday through Friday, 8am – 5pm. Salary will commensurate with experience.
Contact Aretha Thomas, Director of Human Resources at: firstname.lastname@example.org.