Seeking a Medical Director of PSY near Boston, MA!
St. Vincent's is searching for a Medical Director for their St. Vincent's location in Worcester, MA!
The unit Medical Director is clinically responsible for the overall provision and integration of medical services provided to patients throughout the Psychiatry unit. This responsibility includes working in collaboration with the Chair of Psychiatry, Regional Executive Director of Behavioral Health, unit Nursing leadership, and other clinical staff to establish medical practice standards, policies, and procedures. The Medical Director also assures the coordination of medical services for patients and performs Medical and Service Quality Management activities.
The Medical Director will liaison with other directors and physicians within the medical center as necessitated by clinical and administrative duties. These include fulfilling the policies and procedures for the geriatric service and Department of Psychiatry, providing clinical coverage for patients on the unit, and availability (7AM-6PM) to the Evaluation and Referral Service for assessment and authorization of potential admissions, as needed.
About the practices
- 100% Inpatient Psychiatric Hospitalist services
- Supporting 13 inpatient beds expanding to 20 beds soon
- Hospital Employment Model features full host of benefits include: health insurance, relocation, CME ++
- Dept. staff includes: Chair of Psychiatry, two tenured Psych PAs and a part-time Hospital-Psych MD
- Excellent work/life balance practice with reasonable work schedule requirements.
- Work involves primarily rounding on inpatients, responding to Psychiatric consults requests for patients admitted to the various medical/surgical wards, and working with Psychiatric Social Workers in the Psychiatry section of SVH’s ED.
- Academic/teaching opportunity (option) as NP/PA students rotate through SVH
- Position vacant on account of an upcoming vacancy - Physician staff member relocating
- NOTE: Board Certification (ABIM), clear credentialing history with consistent and comparable work history required for consideration due to academic affiliation (appointment optional)
Worcester’s Saint Vincent Hospital - 125 years of serving the community
- 300-Bed acute care medical center
- Joint Commission Top Performer award for core measures
- American Heart and Stroke Gold Plus Quality Achievement Award
- Leapfrog Group Patient safety Score “A” for three consecutive years
- Chest Pain center accreditation by the society of cardiovascular patient care
- Lev II designated ER with Psychiatric emergency services for adults and children
- Extensive medical care network, St. Vincent Medical Group provides services in Cardiology Endocrinology, Hematology/Oncology, Neurology, OB/Gyn, Radiation Oncology, and comprehensive surgery services
Worcester, MA: Located one hour west of Boston with a population of 181,000 makes this the second largest city in New England. It is well connected with its own international airport and direct flights to most major cities. The medium age of residents is 33 years old. The city is known for its picturesque terrain of their famous seven hills. It is the ninth-highest income per capital in the state. Our communities feature superb private/public schools, tranquil suburban lifestyles, surrounded by outdoor recreation including skiing, hiking, and boating, cultural diversity, and highly rated academic institutions and employers.
Senior Director, Physician and NPP (NP and PA) Recruitment