Division Chief of Pediatric Critical Care Opportunity with Children’s Hospital of Michigan
Children’s Hospital of Michigan (CHM) is actively seeking an experienced Pediatric Intensivist for a full-time opportunity as the Division Chief of Pediatric Critical Care Medicine. The practice is located within Children’s Hospital of Michigan’s main campus in Detroit, MI.
Highlights of the Opportunity:
- The Division Chief is responsible for overseeing a division of 14 attending intensivists and nine critical care medicine fellows
- Other responsibilities include clinical care, teaching, research, and mentoring junior faculty and fellows
- Opportunities for academic collaboration with Central Michigan University, Michigan State University, and Wayne State University
- Approximately 10-12 weeks of inpatient rounding in the Pediatric ICU and/or Cardiac ICU (typically done in 2-week blocks)
- Floor and Emergency Department consults as requested
- MD or DO
- Must be certified with the American Board of Pediatrics in Pediatric Critical Care Medicine
- Experience in Cardiac Critical Care is highly preferred
- At least ten years of previous leadership experience
- Must be eligible to obtain licensure in the state of Michigan
About Our Division:
The PICU and CICU at Children’s Hospital of Michigan are housed in a state-of-the-art tower that was built in 2017. The ICUs have a total of 48 beds (12 of which are dedicated to cardiac intensive care) and 2,100 annual admissions. In addition to the 14 attendings and ine fellows, the PICU and CICU are staffed by approximately 170 nurses and 24 respiratory therapists. The Intensivists also have access to over 30 pediatric sub-specialties at CHM.
The PICU/CICU has in-house 24/7 coverage by attending physicians. Calls includes in-house weeknight call and in-house 24-hour weekend call (Saturday or Sunday). Attendings supervise fellows and/or residents while on-call.
Critical Care fellows, Pediatric residents, and Emergency Medicine residents are assigned to clinical rotations in the PICU/CICU, and Cardiology fellows in the CICU. In addition to teaching and guiding the future generation of physicians, the division also has a major role in conducting multicenter collaborative clinical research.
About Children’s Hospital of Michigan:
Founded in 1886, Children’s Hospital of Michigan has existed for one reason and one reason alone – to improve the health and wellbeing of children by providing specialized care and expertise for all their unique healthcare needs. A proud member of the Detroit Medical Center (DMC), CHM is ranked one of the best pediatric hospitals by U.S. News & World Report. Children’s Hospital of Michigan is also home to a freestanding Level I Pediatric Trauma Center (verified by the American College of Surgeons) as well as one of the nation’s few Pediatric Burn Centers (verified by the American Burn Association).
How to Apply:
If interested, please submit a copy of your current CV and contact information for immediate consideration. Please contact Melanie Yenchai for more information.
Senior Physician Sourcing Specialist
Phone: 469-418-4590 (text OK)
All inquiries and personal information will be kept confidential.
Apply for Division Chief of Pediatric Critical Care Opportunity with Children’s Hospital of Michigan
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly.
You do not need to create an account to apply for this job.
This application including your CV, if uploaded, will be sent directly to the employer.