Unit Chief - Behavioral Health- Peds
PAGNY is comprised of over 4,000 physicians and healthcare professionals who provide services to NYC Health + Hospitals (H+H), the largest public health system in the United States. Our practitioners are highly skilled professionals with outstanding credentials who deliver the highest level of quality healthcare to patients throughout New York City.
NYC Health + Hospitals/Kings County, located in the heart of Brooklyn, accommodate more than 518,076 outpatient visits, more than 141,328 emergency room visits, and with 627 beds, more than 25,000 inpatient admissions annually. The hospital maintains a strong academic affiliation with SUNY Downstate Medical Center in order to maintain its high standards of healthcare delivery.
Kings County is located in the East Flatbush/Prospect-Lefferts section of Brooklyn, close to the 2 and 5 subways. Our patients are diverse, with the majority being afro-Caribbean. Most of our patients are native English speakers. Knowledge of French/Haitian Creole is helpful, but not required.
PURPOSE OF POSITION
The Unit Chief is the administrative and clinical lead of the assigned inpatient unit and is responsible for all aspects of patient care on the unit. They work with the inter-disciplinary teams to ensure safety and quality on the inpatient unit.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversee inpatient structure
- Direct Patient Care
- Monitor Patient Care
- Chart Completion
- Performance Improvement, Quality Assurance and Risk Management
- Monitor the use of emergency procedures including:
- Regulatory Activities
- Utilization management
- Board Certified in Adult Psychiatry (or Board Eligible & within 5 years of completing residency training)
- Completion of an approved Psychiatry residency training program
- Eligible for a NYS license and DEA
- Competitive compensation package
- 10% 401K company contribution after one year of service
- Choice of a three-tiered nearly FREE medical plan
- Excellent dental insurance including orthodontics coverage
- Generous paid time off program
- CME days
- Eligibility for loan forgiveness through the National Student Debt Forgiveness Center
- Visa candidates are considered
Please email your CV to Joe Mastov, Physician Recruiter, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply for Unit Chief - Behavioral Health- Peds
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly.
You do not need to create an account to apply for this job.
This application including your CV, if uploaded, will be sent directly to the employer.