Advanced Heart Failure Cardiologist – St. Joseph’s Hospital in Tampa, Florida
BayCare Medical Group is a physician-led medical group seeking an Advanced Heart Failure Cardiologist to join our growing LVAD program at St. Joseph’s Hospital in Tampa, Florida.
- The opportunity includes joining a team of Board-Certified Advanced Heart Failure Physicians and specialty trained nurse practitioners in a rapidly growing inpatient and outpatient program. This established, multi-disciplinary program provides consultation and longitudinal outpatient management of advanced heart failure patients.
- The consultative inpatient service manages CHF patients, as well as those with acute and durable mechanical support devices. The program is certified with the DNV for Destination Therapy.
- St. Joseph’s Hospital, a 486-bed hospital near downtown Tampa, is one of the most advanced and comprehensive centers for cardiovascular care in Florida.
- The position requires completion of an Advanced Heart Failure Fellowship and board eligibility or board certification in Advanced Heart Failure and Transplant Cardiology.
Position requires: Board Certification or board eligibility in Advanced Heart Failure and Transplant Cardiology.
Please visit our website to view available opportunities and apply directly on our physician portal.
BayCare Medical Group (BMG) is the largest multispecialty group in Tampa Bay and part of BayCare Health System which is both locally and nationally recognized as a Great Place to Work®, ranked no. 6 in the nation by People Companies That Care® 2020 and Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For® 2021. We foster a forward-thinking culture that's revolutionizing health care.
BayCare Health System is a not-for-profit 501(c)(3) organization located throughout four counties on the central Gulf Coast of Florida with a network comprised of 15 hospitals with services including imaging, lab, behavioral health, home health care, and urgent care. Our priority is connecting patients to a complete range of preventive, diagnostic, and treatment services for any health care need, throughout their lifetime.
Tampa Bay and the west central Gulf Coast of Florida are great places not only to work, but also to live, play, and grow. We’re home to welcoming neighbors, growing and dynamic communities, and outstanding schools, colleges, and universities. Golfing, fishing, boating/kayaking, shelling, biking, sunbathing, and viewing the sunset from one of America’s top beaches are just a few of the reasons why people love this area. Tampa Bay is home to many professional sports teams including the Tampa Bay Rays® (MLB®), Tampa Bay Buccaneers® (NFL®), Tampa Bay Lightning® (NHL®), and Tampa Bay Rowdies® (NASL®). Discover exciting exhibits at local museums and enjoy listening to the Florida Orchestra at several local venues. Experience the excitement at Busch Gardens®, Adventure Island®, and LEGOLAND® locally, with Disney World® and Universal Studios® close by in central Florida. It’s all here for you to enjoy.
In the Tampa Bay area, you’ll find a thriving business sector, a strong economy, and an average median age of 37. The area is also an affordable place to live with a low cost of living index and no state income tax. Additionally, the area offers a strong public-school system, a wide variety of private schools, and many local colleges and universities for educational development.
- Competitive compensation and performance incentive
- CME allowance
- Excellent insurance and retirement plans
Contact information: Kelli Drayton | Kelli.Drayton@baycare.org | (813) 586-8155