Chief of Pathology
The Department of Pathology at Jiahui International Hospital is an important part of the newly built tertiary general hospital with cancer as the number one service line of the hospital. The Department of Pathology will see a significant growth in faculty and clinical expertise and has the intention to become regional center of excellence. JIH is looking for a dynamic leader who is committed to develop the department's national reputation as a leader in clinical care, the education of junior faculty, and clinical and translational research. The leader is also expected to build modern, state-of-the-art Surgical and Clinical Pathology laboratory.
- Demonstrate the highest level of personal and professional commitment, enthusiasm, integrity and pride in the hospital and the department and its values.
- Align the vision for the department with the values of the Jiahui Health Service through personal and institutional commitment and strive to achieve excellence in all aspects of the department's operations.
- Provide leadership, supervision, and is accountable to fulfill the education, research, clinical, and administrative service missions and values of the department.
- Develop and maintain an academically successful, clinically excellent, and fiscally sound department, utilizing a variety of leadership styles including communicator, motivator, servant-leader, coach, counselor, and negotiator to achieve the vision and goals.
- Supervise all of the educational efforts of the Department of Pathology and provide the support, direction, and mentoring of the junior and midlevel faculty to ensure their professional growth.
- Be responsible for the quality of patient care in the department and serves as the clinical service chief (or appoints a physician to this role) at JIH. As service chief, you work closely with the CMO of JIH. The Department of Pathology is critical for the success of the hospital, as such, the Chief will work with hospital leadership as well as the physician leadership. The department also works closely and collaboratively with the leadership at other government 3A hospitals.
- Oversee the department's robust engagement with local, regional, and national organizations, the people of Shanghai, and other community stakeholders.
- Support the growth and achievement of the faculty, especially in clinical and translational research. It will be critical to recognize the research strengths of the hospital to build the department's academic profile.
- MD, MD/PhD, or comparable degree.
- Board-certified and hold active license in anatomic and/or clinical pathology.
- Experience as a professor at an accredited medical center in the United States or equivalent.
- Ability to qualify as a member of the JIH medical staff and a board-certified physician in an appropriate area of practice.
- Outstanding clinical abilities as a pathologist.
- Strong track record of leadership at an academic medical center or similar environment, and a demonstrated portfolio of professional successes.
- An outstanding track record of publications, productivity, and mentorship.
- Proven ability to develop and execute short- and long term strategic initiatives.
- Strong ability to work collaboratively with leaders of various entities in the advancement of medical education.
- Competency navigating the interaction of the educational, research, and service missions of a complex medical center department.
- Excellent verbal, written, and group presentation skills.
- Ability to work effectively with public and private organizations.
- Strong personal and professional commitment to building and maintaining a diverse and inclusive workforce and a demonstrated ability to work effectively with individuals with diverse backgrounds and groups representing numerous social interests and needs.
- Strong and proven capabilities in strategic planning. financial stewardship, budget creation, resource allocation, human resource management, risk management, and related decision-making.
- Experience with innovative educational methodologies and health care delivery systems.
- An exceptional chance to live and work in Shanghai and be at the forefront of the future of healthcare in China.
- Clinically diverse cases and patients.
- A chance to be part of the next frontier in international healthcare.
- Malpractice insurance, Continuing Medical Education (CME) support, allowance, and paid leave.
- Challenges to fulfill your ambition to advance career also to change the world.
- Competitive compensation plan to support you and your family to live a better life.
- Relocation allowance.
Please forward your CV to Lisa Parker, International Physician Recruiter, for consideration: firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply for Chief of Pathology
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly.
You do not need to create an account to apply for this job.
This application including your CV, if uploaded, will be sent directly to the employer.