- Key member of Kettering Health Network’s leadership team charged with meeting the organization’s goals and objectives for assuring the effective, efficient utilization of health care services.
- Serves the hospital through teaching, consulting, and advising physicians as well as providing leadership and integration with teams.
- Works with hospital leadership to optimize length of hospital stay and efficient management of resources, insuring patients are in the appropriate level of care.
- Holds and maintains an unrestricted medical license in the state of Ohio and meets requirements of hospital medical staff.
- Possesses or acquires a solid foundation, knowledge, and/or experience in the areas of utilization management, quality improvement, and patient safety.
- Possesses a working knowledge of hospital and network organization, care coordination operations, and administrative standards and policies.
- Ability to build rapport with hospital leadership and medical staff to obtain the buy-in and collaboration necessary to achieve desired outcomes.
- Provides consultation regarding complex clinical issues and advises on justification required for continued stay, medical necessity, and utilization management.
- Familiarity with MCG/Interqual placement status criteria preferred.
- Member of the American College of Physician Advisors (ACPA) and Board Certification and Physician Advisor Sub-specialty Certification by the American Board of Quality Assurance and Utilization Review Physicians, Inc. (ABQAURP) preferred.
Greater Dayton Community:
- Excellent school districts – private and public-school options
- Local international airport with easy access
- Off Broadway performing arts center
- National Airforce Museum – Wright Patterson Air Force Base
- Access to prestigious golf, major universities, museums, shopping and dining
Kettering Health Network:
- Nine hospitals within our award winning health system
- 11 Emergency departments
- 180+ Outpatient facilities
- 13,000+ Employees
- 600+ Employed physicians and advanced practice providers
- Recognized as one of the nation’s Top 100 Hospitals by Truven Health Analytics (2012-2017)
- Recognized as one of the 100 Top Hospitals by IBM Watson (2018)
- Earned Healthgrades Outstanding Patient Experience Award (2017-2018)
Links of Interest
Apply for Physician Advisor
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly.
You do not need to create an account to apply for this job.
This application including your CV, if uploaded, will be sent directly to the employer.