Faculty Member – Cardiology Service
MSK is one of the world’s premier cancer centers, committed to exceptional patient care, leading-edge research, and superb educational programs. The blending of research with patient care is at the heart of everything we do. The institution is a comprehensive cancer center whose purposes are the treatment and control of cancer, the advancement of biomedical knowledge through laboratory and clinical research, and the training of scientists, physicians, and other health care workers.
The Cardiology Service (Service) in the Department of Medicine at MSK is seeking applications for a full-time faculty member to join our Service which is currently staffed by 14 cardiologists and 11 advanced practice providers (APPs). The Service focuses on the prevention and treatment of cardiovascular diseases that occur in cancer patients and performs clinical, bioinformatic, and laboratory-based research with the goal of reducing cardiovascular complications in this patient population.
The Service at MSK provides consultations for a 500-bed hospital, outpatient clinics, and support for a growing regional network of MSK oncology and affiliated cardiology practices. The Service includes a fellowship program that attracts Board Certified cardiologists from the U.S. and abroad for cardio-oncology training. The Service oversees multiple state-of-the-art echocardiography, EKG, stress testing and rhythm monitoring labs at the MSK main campus, other Manhattan sites and at MSK regional locations. The Service manages implantable cardiac devises (ICD) for MSK patients. The Service has well established relationships with the country’s leading cardiovascular institutions that are located in NYC.
- Clinically evaluate and manage patients on the inpatient and outpatient clinical service
- Contribute to the teaching and research missions including supervising cardiology fellows, medical residents, medical students, and APPs.
- Participate in educational and quality assurance activities.
- Develop a clinical research portfolio working in a supportive environment.
- Serve on institutional and service committees
The ideal candidate should have:
- An MD, MD/PhD, or equivalent with excellent clinical, communication, and team skills
- Board certification or board-eligible in Cardiovascular Diseases
- Level II competency in Echocardiography (TTE, TEE, stress echo)
- Licensure in the state of New York, or eligibility for a medical license in New York is required
- A strong interest in pursuing academic excellence with a track record of scholarly achievements
- An interest in data analysis and process improvement
Please send CV, a letter outlining your interest in the position, a statement of career interests and goals, and names/contact information of at least three references to:
Compensation arrangements are competitive and commensurate with both experience and achievement. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
MSK is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status, or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
Apply for Faculty Member – Cardiology Service
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly.
You do not need to create an account to apply for this job.
This application including your CV, if uploaded, will be sent directly to the employer.