PAGNY is comprised of over 4,000 physicians and healthcare professionals who provide services to NYC Health + Hospitals (H+H), the largest public health system in the United States. Our practitioners are highly skilled professionals with outstanding credentials who deliver the highest level of quality healthcare to patients throughout New York City.
Jacobi Medical Center/North Central Bronx Hospital, a metropolitan safety-net academic tertiary care center, is seeking a full time Advanced Endoscopist. Proficiency in the spectrum of advanced/minimally invasive procedures to manage gastrointestinal, pancreatic, biliary and hepatic disorders will increase access to advanced endoscopy for its underserved community and develop trainee competence in the growing number and breadth of available procedures through:
- Jump-starting and growing Advanced Endoscopy within the division of gastroenterology, broadening its scope of services.
- Ensuring the quality and safety of advanced endoscopy.
- Networking for discussions of regionalization of endoscopy procedures within H + H.
- Teaching: mentoring, training and supervising GI fellows, residents and medical students from Montefiore, Jacobi, North Central Bronx Hospital, Albert Einstein College of Medicine etc. Developing and maintaining the Advanced Endoscopy curriculum.
- Participating in all aspects of the division and general gastroenterology including but not limited to inpatient and outpatient direct patient care, inpatient consultation, trainee and allied professional education and supervision, off hours coverage, documentation and administrative functions as needed.
- Participating in research and scholarly activities.
The advanced endoscopist will be eligible to apply for academic appointment in the Albert Einstein College of Medicine.
Board Certification in internal medicine, gastroenterology
Board eligibility/certification in advanced endoscopy
Active, unrestricted NYS license
Apply for Advanced Endoscopist
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly.
You do not need to create an account to apply for this job.
This application including your CV, if uploaded, will be sent directly to the employer.