Orthopedic Surgeon | Total Joints - American Health Network - Indianapolis, IN
- Perform surgery and examinations on the musculoskeletal system.
- Use surgical as well as nonsurgical procedures in order to treat broken bones, dislocations, infections, trauma, diseases and injuries, as well as musculoskeletal reconstructions.
- Provide care to orthopedic patients, perform medical examinations, plan for appropriate treatments and monitor the patient's progress.
- Provide consultation services to other medical professionals and manage the entire orthopedic facility or department in order to make sure that the department is compliant with the state, local and federal regulation.
- Diagnose, examine and treat skeletal diseases.
- If treatment and medication plans do not work, perform surgery or replacements on the affected body part through the use of corrective equipment such as casts, splints and braces
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Unrestricted licensure in the state of INDIANA or has INDIANA application in process
- Board certification or board eligibility in Orthopedic Surgery
- Active and unrestricted DEA License or ability to obtain prior to start
- You will be provisioned with appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and are required to perform this role with patients and members on site, as this is an essential function of this role
- Employees are required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or a similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener prior to entering the work site each day, in order to keep our work sites safe. Employees must comply with any state and local masking orders. In addition, when in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are expected to wear a mask in areas where physical distancing cannot be attained
American Health Network is a physician led network of more 70 practice locations are creating exceptional health outcomes and impact for communities in Indiana and Ohio.
Our physician leadership has shaped a culture that features empowered management, high levels of teamwork and partnership and robust recognition; all with the aim of providing the highest quality of care and service.
OptumCare is committed to creating an environment where physicians focus on what they do best: care for their patients. To do so, OptumCare provides administrative and business support services to both owned and affiliated medical practices which are part of OptumCare. Each medical practice part and their physician employees have complete authority with regards to all medical decision-making and patient care. OptumCare's support services do not interfere with or control the practice of medicine by the medical practices or any of their physicians.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: OptumCare is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
OptumCare is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Apply for Orthopedic Surgeon | Total Joints - American Health Network - Indianapolis, IN
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly.
You do not need to create an account to apply for this job.
This application including your CV, if uploaded, will be sent directly to the employer.