BC/BE Internal Medicine or Family Medicine Physicians
POSITION TITLE: Physician
FLSA Status: Exempt
POSITION SUMMARY: Under the administrative supervision of the Supervising Physician, the Staff Physician is responsible for the medical care of participants enrolled in the On Lok program.
DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Obtains a complete history and performs a thorough physical examination on all prospective clients and new enrollees into the On Lok program.
- Develops a treatment program in cooperation with the multidisciplinary Intake and Assessment Team for each new enrollee.
- Records periodic medical changes and performs an interval physical examination on all participants according to the schedule outlined in policies and procedures. At a minimum, participants are to be examined every six months.
- Serves as the primary care physician for the participants and, as such, will examine and treat episodic acute illnesses in any relevant setting including day health center clinic, acute care hospital, nursing home, and On Lok participant home.
- Advises on case management and examines patients with the Nurse Practitioner whenever such consultation is requested.
- Works in close collaboration with the Clinic Nursing Staff.
- Requests and authorizes consultation from On Lok's panel of medical and surgical consultants whenever such consultation is needed.
- Collaborates with in-house medical specialists including the Dentist, Podiatrist, Audiologist, and Speech Therapist.
- Serves as the primary physician or consults with the Hospitalist whenever an On Lok participant is in the acute care hospital.
- Provides primary care for participants residing in the nursing home and examines the patient at the nursing home at least every month.
- Provides on-call coverage for direct patient care on a rotational basis with other On Lok staff physicians as needed.
- Fulfills all administrative duties on a timely basis, including proper record keeping in participant charts and attendance at staff meetings.
- Provides in-service training as needed.
- Interprets the On Lok program to interested groups and individuals.
- Other related duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS (knowledge, skills, abilities):
- MD degree and current and valid license to practice medicine and surgery in the State of California.
- Formal training in Internal Medicine or Family Practice. Board eligible or Board Certified in either specialty.
- Subspecialty training or minimum one-year experience working with the elderly or frail population required.
- Current and valid Drug Enforcement Agency Certificate.
- Current certification in Basic Life Support or Advanced Cardiac Life Support.
- Willingness to work within the framework of a multidisciplinary team in the On Lok health delivery system.
- Sensitivity to the health beliefs and needs of a multi-ethnic aged population.
- Good communication and leadership skills.
- Bilingual ability may be required for specific assignments.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of work performed. They are not considered as an exhaustive list of all job tasks performed. On Lok reserves the right to change job descriptions, work hours or work sites as required by the program.
Apply for BC/BE Internal Medicine or Family Medicine Physicians
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly.
You do not need to create an account to apply for this job.
This application including your CV, if uploaded, will be sent directly to the employer.