Nocturnist Physician - Kings County Hospital - Brooklyn, New York - Full Time
PAGNY is comprised of over 4,000 physicians and healthcare professionals who provide services to NYC Health + Hospitals (H+H), the largest public health system in the United States. Our practitioners are highly skilled professionals with outstanding credentials who deliver the highest level of quality healthcare to patients throughout New York City.
NYC Health + Hospitals/Kings County operates a world-renowned Level 1 Trauma Center, one of only three in the borough, which serves 2.6 million residents of Brooklyn and Staten Island. NYC Health + Hospitals/Kings County maintains close relationships with NYC Health + Hospitals' diagnostic, post-acute, and long-term care centers. The hospital is academically affiliated with SUNY Downstate Medical Center.
- Supervises Internal Medicine residents on rotation on the General Medicine floors.
• Ensures that all components of the history and physical examination, follow-up visits, consultations and other documentation of care are complete and accurate.
• Ensures that consultations are requested in a timely fashion.
• Ensures that all necessary documents and functions required for discharge are completed by the residents who report to the Hospitalist, including medication reconciliation, discharge summaries, provision of necessary patient information, patient contracts (where indicated), and prescriptions.
• Completes verifications in a timely fashion and provides all information required by Faculty Practice, the Department, Phycare or Harlem to ensure proper billing for services rendered.
• Ensures that all patients considered for discharge are notified at least 24 hours in advance, and that this notification is documented.
• Prepares appeals for his or her own patients' hospitalizations or partial hospitalizations that are denied by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) or by payors.
• Ensures that the dignity and rights of patients are respected at all times.
- Board Certified or Eligible in Internal Medicine
- Possess or eligible for a New York State Medical License
- Competitive compensation package
- 10% 401K company contribution after one year of service
- Choice of a three-tiered nearly FREE medical plan
- Excellent dental insurance including orthodontics coverage
- Generous paid time off program
- CME days and dollars
- Eligibility for loan forgiveness through the National Student Debt Forgiveness Center
- Visa candidates are considered
- Medical Malpractice policy coverage
For more information regarding this opportunity, please email your CV to Loretta Modesto, Physician Recruiter for PAGNY, at ModestoL@pagny.org
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
Apply for Nocturnist Physician - Kings County Hospital - Brooklyn, New York - Full Time
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly.
You do not need to create an account to apply for this job.
This application including your CV, if uploaded, will be sent directly to the employer.