Academic Epidemiology and Infectious Diseases Opportunity in Southern California
Loma Linda University Department of Medicine and Faculty Medical Group have immediate openings for full-time faculty candidates in the Infectious Diseases Division. Qualified candidates must be board certified/board eligible in Infectious Diseases. We welcome the application of Fellows and experienced physicians.
Epidemiology and Infectious Diseases
Loma Linda University Faculty Medical Group, Department of Medicine, Division of Infectious Diseases has an immediate opening for a full-time faculty.
Qualified candidates must be board certified/board eligible in Infectious Diseases. Ideal candidate would be specialty trained in Epidemiology, however we are happy to provide on-site training. We welcome the application of Fellows in training and mature physicians. We are heavily involved in medical student and resident education. The faculty member will participate in the teaching activities of the Division and in the after-hours call rotation. We are looking for candidates who see themselves as inventive, flexible, and working well with a team.
FTE position for General Infectious Disease faculty
- Developing, reviewing, and implementing hospital epidemiology initiatives
- Inpatient consultations on General Infectious Disease service
- Internal Quality reviews
- Process improvement
- Candidates, regardless of formal job description or division of labor, must demonstrate a passion for Antimicrobial Stewardship.
- Call is 1 in 5 to 1 in 7 weekdays, weekends, and holidays. Call is shared by all ID physicians.
- This position may be adapted to 0.5FTE hospital epidemiology and either: 0.5 FTE Transplant ID, 0.5 FTE General ID. HIV clinic, PrEP clinic, and funded research opportunities also exist within the department if desired.
- Participation in student, resident, and graduate school education.
The setting: Loma Linda University Faculty Medical Group is affiliated with Loma Linda University Medical Center, Children’s Hospital and School of Medicine, with the mission to deliver whole-person care at a world class level of clinical excellence. The Medical Center serves as the largest tertiary referral source in both Riverside and San Bernardino counties with a surrounding population approaching 4 million.
Loma Linda University’s Medical Center and Children’s Hospital is the only Level I Trauma Center serving a four-county area that covers approximately 25 percent of the state. The Medical Center and Children’s Hospital are equipped with over 850 licensed beds.
This opportunity is not eligible for a J-1 Waiver.
Interested candidates, please send your CV to:
Darren Thomas - Physician Recruitment Specialist