Physician (Family Practice Supervisor) GP-0602-14
Civilian employees serve a vital role in supporting the Army mission. They provide the skills that are not readily available in the military, but crucial to support military operations. The Army integrates the talents and skills of its military and civilian members to form a Total Army.
Duty location: You will be working in the Department of Family and Community Medicine, Ft. Hood TX.
Ft Hood is nicknamed The Great Place because of the quality of life the post and area offer Soldiers and their families. Ft Hood covers a total of 340 sq miles and rests in the beautiful 'hill and lake' country of Central Texas, between Killeen and Copperas Cove. For those who enjoy the outdoors, Ft Hood is the ideal location because of warm winters and hot summers. The nearby lakes, Belton and Stillhouse, offer year round outdoor recreation activities. Please visit: http://pao.hood.army.mil/ .
This supervisory position will serve as the Medical Director for the after hours clinic.
Employee works under the supervision of the Commander of the Health Clinic. Employee works with full professional responsibilities for his/her actions and advice. Carries out duties in accordance with the accepted standard of care and in accordance with established military rules and regulations. Board certification with progressive experience and demonstrated expertise equivalent in breadth and intensity is required. Responsible for the examination, diagnosis and treatment of the full range of patients seen in the clinic.
A recruitment or relocation bonus may be authorized.
Medical malpractice liability insurance is not required for federal civilian healthcare providers as they are covered by the Federal Tort Claims Act (28 U.S.C. § 1346(b)) while acting within the scope of their employment.
As a Supervisory Physician (Family Practice), you will:
- Provide first contact, continuous, comprehensive primary care for infants, children, youth, and
- Lead a multi-disciplinary team of individuals who collectively take responsibility for the ongoing care
- Assign work to subordinates based on priorities, difficulty of assignments, and the capabilities of
- Identify developmental and training needs of employees.
- Interview candidates for subordinate positions; recommend hiring, promotion, or reassignments.
May be required to work weekend call duties and evenings.
Position requires employee to wear a uniform and/or protective clothing.
Basic Requirement for Supervisory Physician (Family Practice):
Degree: Doctor of Medicine or Doctor of Osteopathy from a school in the United States or Canada approved by a recognized accrediting body in the year of the applicants graduation. [A Doctor of Medicine or equivalent degree from a foreign medical school that provided education and medical knowledge substantially equivalent to accredited schools in the United States may be demonstrated by permanent certification by the Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG) (or a fifth pathway certificate for Americans who completed premedical education in the United States and graduate education in a foreign country).
Graduate Training: Subsequent to obtaining a Doctor of Medicine or Doctor of Osteopathy degree, a candidate must have had at least 1 year of supervised experience providing direct service in a clinical setting, i.e., a 1-year internship or the first year of a residency program in an institution accredited for such training.
Licensure/Certification: Candidates must have a permanent, full, and unrestricted license to practice medicine in a State, District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, or a territory of the United States.
Experience Required: Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience. To qualify based on your work experience, your resume must describe at least 4 years of residency training in the specialty of the position to be filled or equivalent experience and training in the specialty of Family Practice. This required family practice experience/training will include skills such as, but not limited to, a wide range of medical duties specializing in all aspects of patient care, such as advanced examination and diagnosis.
Male applicants born after December 31, 1959 must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration.
- You will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship.
- Direct Deposit of pay is required.
- Personnel Security Investigation required.
- Two year trial/probationary period may be required.
- A Childcare Background Check (CNACI) is required. This position has a specific initial background investigation and periodic re-verification requirements since its duties require contact with children.
- This position is subject to annual seasonal influenza vaccinations. Applicants tentatively selected for appointment to this position will be required to sign a statement (Condition of Employment) consenting to seasonal influenza vaccinations or must provide a recognized exemption.
- This position is a Testing Designated Position (TDP) subject to applicant testing and random drug testing. Tentatively selected applicants will be required to sign DA Form 5019 requiring participation in random drug urinalysis testing. A job offer to an applicant who is a not a current employee will be withdrawn if the applicant refuses to be tested. Applicants with verified positive test results shall be refused employment. Applications from such individuals shall not be considered for employment for a period of 6 months from the date of the test results.
- A pre-placement medical examination is required.
- Immunization screening is required. Hepatitis B immunization is required for all positions with direct patient contact. Applicants may be required to show proof of other immunizations depending on the type of position.
- All Health Care Providers must be able to obtain and maintain current Basic Life Support (BLS) Training and certification that is sponsored or endorsed by the American Heart Association (AHA). Current Advanced Life Support or other advanced certification does not supersede BLS completion.
- Position is designated as Inclement Weather Essential. The incumbent must make every attempt to report for work on time and/or remain on duty during severe weather conditions.
- One-year supervisory probationary period required. A one-year probationary period is required if the
selectee has not previously met this requirement.
- Applicants must be able to fulfill credentialing requirements and obtain and maintain appropriate/relevant clinical privileges.
Apply for Physician (Family Practice Supervisor) GP-0602-14
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly.
You do not need to create an account to apply for this job.
This application including your CV, if uploaded, will be sent directly to the employer.