Attending Physician - Surgery - Acute Care/Trauma - Lincoln Medical Center - Bronx, New York - Full
PAGNY is comprised of over 4,000 physicians and healthcare professionals who provide services to NYC Health + Hospitals (H+H), the largest public health system in the United States. Our practitioners are highly skilled professionals with outstanding credentials who deliver the highest level of quality healthcare to patients throughout New York City.
NYC Health + Hospitals/Lincoln, located just 15 minutes from NYC, is an acute care teaching hospital academically affiliated with Weill-Cornell Medical College. Dedicated to providing high quality patient care to a diverse community, Lincoln Medical Center is a NYS designated Level I Trauma and Stroke Center and has Centers of Excellence in all medical specialties including its award- winning Cancer and Breast Centers.
Lincoln is a full service acute care hospital with one of the busiest emergency departments in the country. The hospital offers comprehensive primary, secondary, tertiary, preventive and speciality care services. Our Level 1 trauma center, verified by the American College of Surgeons - Commiteee on Trauma since 2016, has a rich histrory of caring for critically injured patients in the South Bronx.
The Lincoln Acute Care Surgeon responsibliites include week-long rotations on trauma, emergency general surgery, SICU, and general surgery (clinic/elective OR). Surgeons who have administrative assignments also have week long rotations for those duties. Each surgeon must assist us to meet the requirements of the American College of Surgeons Commitee on Trauma for the Level 1 Trauma Center verification. As an acute care surgeon you will treat patients with severe, life-threatening injuries and emergency general surgery pathology.
- Medical Degree and successful completion of a general surgery residency and fellowship in Acute Care Surger or Surgery Critical Care
- American Board of Surgery Certification (or eligiblity) in Surgery and Surgical Critical Care
- A NYS license and certification to practice medicine
- Strong evaluations for critical clinical decision making and operative skills from residency and fellowship directors, or
- Strong evaluations from chief of surgery or trauma from prior positions in those with at least 2 years of experience
- Interest in serving as associate surgery residency program director
- Competitive compensation package
- 10% 401K company contribution after one year of service
- Choice of a three-tiered nearly FREE medical plan
- Excellent dental insurance including orthodontics coverage
- Generous paid time off program
- CME days and dollars
- Eligibility for loan forgiveness through the National Student Debt Forgiveness Center
- Visa candidates are considered
- Medical Malpractice policy coverage
For more information regarding this opportunity, please email your CV to Joe Mastov, Physician Recruiter for PAGNY, at Mastovj@pagny.org
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
Apply for Attending Physician - Surgery - Acute Care/Trauma - Lincoln Medical Center - Bronx, New York - Full
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly.
You do not need to create an account to apply for this job.
This application including your CV, if uploaded, will be sent directly to the employer.