Hospice Medical Director
Novant Health is looking for a compassionate, caring Hospice Medical Director to join our rapidly growing inpatient provider team, and we would love to speak with you about our opportunities.
Novant Health Hospice & Palliative Care - Charlotte, NC is seeking an experienced and collaborative Medical Director to oversee our growing and dynamic hospice program, in an established 8-bed inpatient hospice unit located in Novant Health Presbyterian Medical Center. The ideal candidate must demonstrate exemplary and compassionate clinical skills, and embrace a collaborative interdisciplinary team approach to end-of-life care. Candidate must demonstrate clinical, administrative, and educational leadership skills.
- Program development and collaboration with advanced practitioner providers
- Advancing the mission, operations, and services of the program
- Team based care approach, with an experienced and dedicated support staff within a culture of innovation
- Oversee an average daily patient census of about 150
- Monday - Friday schedule with rotating on-call responsibilities
Are you looking for a new opportunity in a rapidly growing healthcare system that focuses on a culture of safety and team member growth? #NovantHealthMedicalGroup is seeking Board Certified / Board Eligible physicians for inpatient care.
Come join our team!
At Novant Health, our team of hospital based physicians includes more than 100 hospitalists available to follow patients from admission — whether it is a direct admit or through the ER — all the way through to discharge and back home.
Our service line includes board-certified experts:
- Hospital medicine
- Critical care and pulmonary medicine
- Palliative care and hospice
Members of our team are:
- Physician liaisons, championing education and training initiatives
- Participating and leading various quality and safety committees for an individual hospital or the health system
- Change agents, identifying and leading process improvement efforts
- Administrative partners with hospital and medical staff leaders to help facilitate organizational change
Novant Health offers:
- 2-Year salary guarantee
- NH Medical Group employed
- Medical and Retirement Benefits
- Relocation Allowance
- CME Allowance
- System wide EHR-Epic
- Work-Life balance
Novant Health Medical Group
- Is one of the largest medical groups in the nation
- Offers resiliency training for physicians and team members to prevent burnout
- Is nationally recognized for advanced care and one of the largest community based, non-profit healthcare systems
- Is well known for being physician-led and physician-driven. For example, our physicians are in every area of leadership across the organization. That means every strategic discussion has physicians at the table, and every market partners a physician leader with an administrator. The result is a focus on the details that are important to physicians.
What does it mean to be a part of Novant Health?
- A commitment to patient centered care and our model of spending more time with each patient, and creating a seamless system of care for our patients are the foundations of our success
- Sharing a philosophy of putting high value on the patient experience
- Joining with a world-class team of more than 1,600 physicians and over 28,000 employees that provide care at over 640 locations, including 15 hospitals and hundreds of outpatient facilities and physician clinics to transform the patient experience
- Novant Health cares for patients and communities in North Carolina, Virginia, South Carolina, and Georgia.
- In 2019, Forbes ranked the organization first in North Carolina and 38th nationally on its 2019 Best Employers for Diversity list.
- Novant Health provided more than $883 million in community benefit, including financial assistance and services, in 2018.
- For more information, please visit our website at: NovantHealth.org. You can also follow us on Twitter and Facebook.
Join us, and let’s transform healthcare together.
At Novant Health, one of our core values is diversity and inclusion. By engaging the strengths and talents of each team member, we ensure a strong organization capable of providing remarkable healthcare to our patients, families and communities. Therefore, we invite applicants from all group dynamics to apply to our exciting career opportunities.
Education: Graduate of an accredited school of medicine required; BC/BE Hospice & Palliative Medicine or equivalent experience with Hospice Medical Director certification (eligible)
Experience: One to three years of experience working in an acute care setting required. Clinical experience in hospice, geriatrics, intensive care, or palliative care preferred
It is the responsibility of every Novant Health team member to deliver the most remarkable patient experience in every dimension, every time.
- Our team members are part of an environment that fosters team work, team member engagement and community involvement.
- The successful team member has a commitment to leveraging diversity and inclusion in support of quality care.
- All Novant Health team members are responsible for fostering a safe patient environment driven by the principles of "First Do No Harm".
Novant Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer and conducts all human resource practices in compliance with federal, state, and local civil rights and employment legislation. Accordingly, Novant Health considers all applicants for employment equally, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran’s status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, and provides them with an opportunity to progress in the organization consistent with their skills and interests.