Unique Inpatient opportunity with thriving Endocrinology group in Missouri
CoxHealth is seeking a BE/BC Endocrinologist to join our growing Inpatient Endocrinology practice in Springfield, Missouri. Our Inpatient team currently includes one half-time physician, four experienced APPs (3.75 FTE total), and one diabetes educator. Future growth is planned for this team, with the goal of three inpatient physician partners to fully support CoxHealth inpatient Endocrinology needs, making use of telemedicine services for regional outreach.
The practice is based in Springfield with telemedicine available to address care at three regional hospitals. Close collaborative relationship with five outpatient endocrinologists and a team of outpatient APPs to facilitate excellent patient care in both inpatient and outpatient settings. Our Endocrinology group is thriving, energetic, friendly, and enjoys an excellent work-life balance.
This is a unique opportunity to help grow a vibrant inpatient practice, with the full support of our well-established outpatient endocrinologist team.
- Provide oversight of endocrinology care in all CoxHealth inpatient settings, along with a well-developed support staff of APPs and a diabetes educator
- Home base at Cox Medical Center South, a 644-bed facility, Level 1 Trauma, Level 1 STEMI, and Level 1 Stroke Center
- Collaborate with Metabolic Support Services (enteral and parenteral nutrition) at Cox Medical Center South
- Other locations covered by the team, either in person or via telemedicine, include Meyer Orthopedic & Rehabilitation Hospital and Cox North (inpatient psychiatry), both in Springfield, along with Cox Medical Center Branson
- Two critical access hospitals in Monett and Lamar are covered solely via telemedicine
- M-F daytime schedule
- All inpatient and outpatient endocrinologists maintain beeper call after-hours Mon-Thurs
- 1:6 weekend call share with outpatient Endocrinologists
- Collaborate with a team-oriented outpatient endocrinology clinic that will support your inpatient service needs
- Competitive salary with excellent earning potential
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Sign-on bonus
- Relocation allowance
CoxHealth is a locally-owned, not-for-profit health system, established in 1906.Our health system includes six hospitals with more than 80 clinics and 200 primary care physicians serving 24 counties. Ferrell-Duncan Clinic, our multispecialty clinic physician group, offers 23 specialties.
About Springfield, Missouri:
Springfield, Missouri is a vibrant and energetic metropolitan area that serves as a hub for healthcare, entertainment, and shopping for southwest Missouri. It is the third-largest city in Missouri with a metro area population of over 450,000, and consistently rates as one of the “Top Quality of Life Communities in the Nation” by Money Magazine. Springfield offers a diversity in the arts, a wide variety of outdoor activities and numerous sporting events. Enjoy abundant amenities, including a low cost of living, top-rated schools, safe neighborhoods, and outdoor recreation with lakes, hiking, parks, forests, fishing, rivers, and more. Travel from Springfield is easy- we have quick commute times in the city, and are within a three-hour drive of several major metro areas including Kansas City, St. Louis, and Tulsa. The Springfield-Branson National airport is easy and fast to navigate, and offers direct flights to 12 cities, including many major hubs.