Family Medicine Opportunities in Anchorage, Alaska - No Call Practice!!
Southcentral Foundation is the largest Alaska Native owned healthcare system in the state. Our award-winning model of care is based on our belief that the journey to wellness is responsibility shared between patient and provider.
Why work for Southcentral Foundation?
Our benefits are designed around your health and wellness. We offer one hour per week of paid wellness leave, on-site fitness and daycare facilities, competitive salary packages, and much more!
Our clinical team environment is one of the most robust in the country. Our data-driven, non RVU approach means that compensation is salary-based: encouraging a practice focused on wellness, not quantity.
Our integrated and accessible approach to care makes your job easier. Our clinics coordinate patient care with integrated care teams that have access to specialties in multiple disciplines.
Southcentral Foundation Primary Care
- Work Monday through Friday, one evening a week and an occasional Saturday
- No call
- No RVUs
- No insurance constraints on patients
- Patient panels of approximately 1,200
- NUKA Model of Care – work on team with a full-time RN Case Manager and Certified Medical Assistant and Case Management Support Staff.
- PAs, NPs cover for your panel of patient when you are out of the office or on vacation
- Integrated into system: health educators, nutritionists, social workers, OB/GYNs, Certified Nurse Midwives, Pediatricians, Internists, pharmacists, home health, Psychiatrists, behaviorists, and many other medical specialties
- Integrated model includes complementary health providers, easy access to specialists right on campus
- 75th to 95th percentile in most HEDIS measures
- Electronic health care records (CERNER)
- Paperwork, billing, and administrative hassles all taken care of by others.
- Unique retention bonus program
- Sign-on bonus
- Relocation assistance
- Enhanced leave program
- One hour per week of paid wellness leave
- Benefits include appx. 5.2 - 6.5 weeks of leave, an additional week of paid CME (+ a stipend towards CME), plus 12 paid holidays
- Full insurance coverage – malpractice coverage, health, life, short and long term disability - and subsidized health insurance for family
- Employer match 401K retirement fund and we will reimburse your AK state medical license fee.
- New, modern, innovative facilities, computers, and other state-of-the-art equipment
- Innovative practice system featured on front page of New York Times, JAMA, BMJ, and others. Clinical quality improvement team. Practice management data monthly. We currently employ 30 Family Physicians, 18 pediatricians, 18 OB/GYNs, and 7 Psychiatrists, and our clinic is growing.
Anchorage – city of 330,000, the largest city in Alaska
Lots of cultural activities - a performing arts center that hosts national and regional troops, the Anchorage Museum of Natural History and the Alaska Native Heritage Center, fantastic restaurants, and a diverse music and arts community, Great public schools, good community, incredible outdoor activity opportunities
Hundreds of kilometers of groomed, interconnected cross-country ski trails in town are lit at night, by artificial light and the incredible moonlight reflecting off of the snow and these trails are perfect for running and biking in the summer.
Alaska is known as the land of the midnight sun as we bask in 19.5 hours of daylight on summer solstice. Our summer temperatures reach into the mid to upper 70’s and the landscape transforms into green trees and flower blossoms. On winter solstice, we enjoy beautiful sunrises and sunsets over beautiful snowcapped mountains and darkness brings the possibility of breathtaking displays of the northern lights
Matanuska Valley –
Wasilla Population, 8,365. Mat-Su Borough Population, 96,074 ...largest growing area in Alaska, cost effective housing and low tax structure, small town feel, with larger city only 45 minutes away
Home of the Iditarod Sled Dog race, numerous winter and summer recreational opportunities including fishing, boating, snow machining, cross country skiing, wildlife viewing, and sled dog racing. Wasilla embodies the small-town values of family, community, and caring for neighbors. The active population enjoys affordable land and housing, unparalleled recreation, and a thriving economy.
Many of our providers live in Eagle River AK, 25 minutes from the clinic, and 20 minutes from Anchorage.
Please contact Tess Johnson for more information and to apply today at: southcentralfoundation.com/employment
Manager of Recruitment
4501 Diplomacy Drive Anchorage, AK 99508