Physician (Internal Medicine) / Supervisory Physician (Internal Medicine)
Civilian employees serve a vital role in supporting the Army mission. They provide the skills that are not readily available in the military, but crucial to support military operations. The Army integrates the talents and skills of its military and civilian members to form a Total Army.
About the Position:
A recruitment or relocation bonus may be authorized.
This is an open continuous announcement. We accept applications for this occupation on an ongoing basis; qualified applicants will be considered as vacancies become available.
Business travel could be required on some positions filled from this solicitation.
Medical malpractice liability insurance is not required for federal civilian healthcare providers as they are covered by the Federal Tort Claims Act (28 U.S.C. § 1346(b)) while acting within the scope of their employment.
Permanent, Term, Part-time, intermittent or temporary positions will be filled from this solicitation.
Supervisory and non-supervisory positions will be filled from this solicitation.
Who May Apply: U.S. Citizens
- Provide first contact, continuous, comprehensive primary care for patients according to current standards of care, the patient centered medical home model of care, Army policy, and relevant regulations.
- Provide long-term comprehensive care managing both common and complex illnesses.
- Participate in Continuing Medical Education (CME) and quality assurance activities as assigned.
- Supervisory positions will examine, diagnose, prevent and treat medical, surgical, obstetric, gynecological, and orthopedic care.
- Supervisory positions will lead a multi-disciplinary team of individuals who collectively take responsibility for the ongoing care of
- Supervisory positions will exercise independent judgment with full responsibility for professional diagnosis, treatment, referral and disposition of patients.
Occasional travel - Business Travel may be required.
- This is a Direct Hire Solicitation.
- Position may require employee to wear a uniform and/or protective clothing.
In order to qualify, you must meet the education and/or experience requirements described below. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience; if qualifying based on education, your transcripts will be required as part of your application. Additional information about transcripts is in this document.
Basic Requirement for Physician (Internal Medicine):
Degree: Doctor of Medicine or Doctor of Osteopathy from a school in the United States or Canada approved by a recognized accrediting body in the year of the applicants graduation. [A Doctor of Medicine or equivalent degree from a foreign medical school that provided education and medical knowledge substantially equivalent to accredited schools in the United States may be demonstrated by permanent certification by the Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG) (or a fifth pathway certificate for Americans who completed premedical education in the United States and graduate education in a foreign country).
Graduate Training: Subsequent to obtaining a Doctor of Medicine or Doctor of Osteopathy degree, a candidate must have had at least 1 year of supervised experience providing direct service in a clinical setting, i.e., a 1-year internship or the first year of a residency program in an institution accredited for such training.
Licensure/Certification: Candidates must have a permanent, full, and unrestricted license to practice medicine in a State, District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, or a territory of the United States.
Experience Required: Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience. To qualify based on your work experience, your resume must describe at least 4 years of residency training in the specialty of the position to be filled or equivalent experience and training in the specialty of Internal Medicine. This required Internal Medicine experience/training will include skills such as, but not limited to, a wide range of very difficult and responsibly dealings with medical duties specializing in all aspects of inpatient or outpatient care, such as advanced examination, diagnosis and treatment to ensure effectiveness of treatment.
Click here for more information.
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959 must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration.
- You will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship.
- Direct Deposit of pay is required.
- Two year in a trial/probationary period may be required.
- One-year supervisory probationary period may be required. A one-year probationary period is required if the selectee has not previously met this requirement.
- Personnel Security Investigation required.
- A Childcare Background Check (CNACI) is required. This position has a specific initial background investigation and periodic re-verification requirements since its duties require contact with children.
- This position is subject to annual seasonal influenza vaccinations. Applicants tentatively selected for appointment to this position will be required to sign a statement (Condition of Employment) consenting to seasonal influenza vaccinations or must provide a recognized exemption.
- This position is a Testing Designated Position (TDP) subject to applicant testing and random drug testing. Tentatively selected applicants will be required to sign DA Form 5019 (Condition of employment for certain Civilian positions identified as Critical under the Department of Army Drug-Free Federal Workplace Program)requiring participation in random drug urinalysis testing.
- Work schedule may require shift work or rotating shifts (evenings, weekends and holiday) work hours.
- This position may be designated as Emergency Essential.
- Position may be designated as Inclement Weather Essential. The incumbent must make every attempt to report for work on time and/or remain on duty during severe weather conditions.
- Successful completion of a pre-placement physical examination may be required.
- Immunization screening is required. Hepatitis B immunization is required for all positions with direct patient contact. Applicants may be required to show proof of other immunizations depending on the type of position.
- All Health Care Providers must be able to obtain and maintain current Basic Life Support (BLS) Training and certification that is sponsored or endorsed by the American Heart Association (AHA). Current Advanced Life Support or other advanced certification does not supersede BLS completion.
- Applicants must be able to fulfill credentialing requirements and obtain and maintain appropriate/relevant clinical privileges.
Apply for Physician (Internal Medicine) / Supervisory Physician (Internal Medicine)
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly.
You do not need to create an account to apply for this job.
This application including your CV, if uploaded, will be sent directly to the employer.