Neurosurgeon - Neurosurgery - Kings County - Brooklyn, NY - Per Diem
PAGNY is comprised of over 4,000 physicians and healthcare professionals who provide services to NYC Health + Hospitals (H+H), the largest public health system in the United States. Our practitioners are highly skilled professionals with outstanding credentials who deliver the highest level of quality healthcare to patients throughout New York City.
NYC Health + Hospitals/Kings County , located in the heart of Brooklyn, accommodate more than 518,076 outpatient visits, more than 141,328 emergency room visits, and with 627 beds, more than 25,000 inpatient admissions annually. The hospital maintains a strong academic affiliation with SUNY Downstate Medical Center in order to maintain its high standards of healthcare delivery.
Kings County is located in the East Flatbush/Prospect-Lefferts section of Brooklyn, close to the 2 and 5 subways. Our patients are diverse, with the majority being afro-Caribbean. Most of our patients are native English speakers. Knowledge of French/Haitian Creole is helpful, but not required.
- Perform professional medical functions: including but not limited to providing on-site coverage in the operating room, emergency room, patient wards.
- Direct patient care/Follow up care.
- Supervision, teaching, and guidance of Physician Assistants and other members of the neurosurgical team.
- Attend weekly staff conferences i.e. Grand Rounds, Quality Assurance meetings, M&M conferences
and departmental meetings for attending staff.
- Timely completion of medical records and quality improvement documentation.
- Assist in the maintenance of standard of performance of physicians and of other professional employees working in the service.
- Performs related work as required or as directed by the Chief of Service/ Director of Service.
- Graduated from approved Medical School
- Completion of approved residency in the specialty
- Board eligible in Neurosurgery
- Licensed to practice Neurosurgery in New York State
- Competitive compensation package
- 10% 401K company contribution after one year of service
- Choice of a three-tiered nearly FREE medical plan
- Excellent dental insurance including orthodontics coverage
- Generous paid time off program
- CME days and dollars
- Eligibility for loan forgiveness through the National Student Debt Forgiveness Center
- Visa candidates are considered
- Medical Malpractice policy coverage
For more information regarding this opportunity, please email your CV to Jaquelyn Morales, Physician Recruiter for PAGNY, at MoralesJ@pagny.org
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
Apply for Neurosurgeon - Neurosurgery - Kings County - Brooklyn, NY - Per Diem
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly.
You do not need to create an account to apply for this job.
This application including your CV, if uploaded, will be sent directly to the employer.