We are seeking Board Certified/Board Eligible physician with acute or post-acute experience to join our expanding department. This position involves consultation acute inpatient service to support hospitalist service. In addition, geriatrician will maintain small SNF practice in coordination with dedicated geriatric APN/PA team. Palliative training is plus.
If you are looking for a collaborative, dynamic practice environment where you can learn, grow, and excel in providing integrated, multidisciplinary, patient centered care, then the Summit Medical Group family is the place to be!
- Consultation Services will include assent for placement, ACP, POLST review or completion, risk assessment in addition to usual geriatric service.
- Examining patients admitted to the ED, CCU or hospital
- Coordinating all tests, examinations and treatments with multiciliary team.
- Interacting with primary care physician to develop treatment plans
- Maintaining hospital records and medications
- Arranging follow up care for patients once they leave the hospital
- Prescribing medications
- Communicate effectively with physicians, patients and family members.
- Minimal On-Call Responsibilities
- No Outpatient Practice Required
To qualify, you must be a Medical Doctor (MD) or Doctor of Osteopath (DO), with Board Certification or Board Eligibility in Internal, Family Medicine or Geriatric Medicine and 1 year of Geriatric Hospital Medicine experience.
Summit Medical Group's unique, coordinated care model was designed to provide convenient access to all the services most patients will require. Through an integrated group of providers and comprehensive resources, and with the merge of Summit Medical Group and CityMD, we deliver strong clinical outcomes while ensuring positive experiences for our patients within the New Jersey, New York and Central Oregon regions.
- A friendly and fast-paced environment working with passionate people
- Outstanding growth opportunities
- Time Off
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Short/Long Term Disability, HSA, and Life Insurance
- 401K plan with company matching contribution
- Cash Bonus Programs
- Recognition and rewards programs to recognize successful teams
- Other Perks & Discounts
- Commuter and parking discount program to help you save (using pretax dollars)
*Full Time Benefit Eligible Employees Only
Equal Opportunity Employer
Our Company provides equal employment opportunities ( EEO ) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of, race, color, religion, creed, gender/sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression (including transgender status), national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, pregnancy, military status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, and local laws.
Our Company cares about the safety of our employees and applicants. Our Company does not use chat rooms for job searches or communications. Our Company will never request personal information via informal chat platforms or unsecure email. Our Company will never ask for money or an exchange of money, banking or other personal information prior to the in-person interview. Be aware of potential scams while job seeking. Interviews are conducted at select Our Company locations during regular business hours only. For information on job scams, visit, https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/JobScams or file a complaint at https://www.ftccomplaintassistant.gov/ .
Apply for GERIATRIC HOSPITALIST
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly.
You do not need to create an account to apply for this job.
This application including your CV, if uploaded, will be sent directly to the employer.