Co-Director of Electrophysiology at Luminis Health - Anne Arundel Medical Center
Co-director of Electrophysiology at Luminis Health - Anne Arundel Medical Center – Full-time – Annapolis, Maryland
We have an exciting opportunity for a dynamic and engaging electrophysiologist to join the Luminis Health system and serve as the Co-director of the Electrophysiology Program at Anne Arundel Medical Center (AAMC). The electrophysiologist will have a proven track record of clinical and academic excellence, and will be joining a recently established and rapidly growing Cardiac Surgery program.
As a not-for-profit regional health system headquartered in Annapolis, Maryland, Luminis Health serves an area of more than one million people. AAMC is the third busiest hospital in Maryland, and is nationally recognized in heart care. Our cardiac specialists perform thousands of cardiac-related procedures every year, and cared for over 35,000 cardiac patients last year. Our cardiac catheterization lab performed over 1,400 diagnostic catheterizations, 170 STEMI, 400 PCI (acute and elective), 80 electrophysiology/ablations, and 300 permanent pacers/AICD in 2018. AAMC offers a wide range of quality cardiac services, from prevention and diagnosis of heart disease, to interventional cardiology procedures and rehabilitation.
The Co-director will be an accomplished cardiologist, board-certified in cardiovascular disease and electrophysiology. S/He will partner with our established Co-director of electrophysiology, who is an experienced and well-established and academically recognized electrophysiologist, to actualize our shared clinical vision and tripartite mission: clinical care, education, and research. The Co-director of electrophysiology will further enhance, develop, and expand our clinical services and maintain a safe, efficient, high quality electrophysiology division. S/He will work in close cooperation with our Chief of Cardiac Surgery, Cardiac Cath lab director ,and Medical Director of Cardiovascular Services to foster the success of the program with respect to quality, efficiency, costs, community awareness, and integration of the program throughout Luminis Health.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Participate in the development of educational, morbidity and mortality conferences, and routine in-service training for cardiology and internal medicine residents and personnel. Participate in all functions associated with electrophysiology quality related to the program, including our Cardiac Cath lab Quality Forums, Cardiac Surgery Quality Forums, Grand Rounds, and Clinical Leadership Meetings.
- In collaboration with the Co-director of EP, develop plans to grow the overall volume and innovative offerings within the division of electrophysiology.
- Development of a program to perform complex ablations, left sided ablations and lead extractions, which were not previously performed at AAMC, prior to on-site cardiac surgery.
- Promote effective collaborations among faculty and other clinical and research scientists across Luminis Health, implement, develop and grow research initiatives within the Division of electrophysiology, and present or publish on behalf of the Division and System.
- Participate in quality assurance, risk management, and patient satisfaction programs pertaining to Electrophysiology at AAMC.
All applicants will be eligible for a competitive salary and generous benefits package. Successful candidates will also have the opportunity to participate in our seed funding for research as well as statistical and clinical trial support.
Qualified candidates must show successful completion of an approved fellowships in cardiology and electrophysiology. Candidates must hold an MD or equivalent degree and be eligible for licensure in Maryland. Candidates must be board-certified in cardiology and electrophysiology with 5-10 years of post-fellowship experience.
Anne Arundel Medical Center is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity and inclusiveness in the workplace including sexual orientation and gender identity.
To learn more about this exceptional opportunity - please send your CV to: email@example.com or fax to: 443-481-3728
Apply for Co-Director of Electrophysiology at Luminis Health - Anne Arundel Medical Center
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly.
You do not need to create an account to apply for this job.
This application including your CV, if uploaded, will be sent directly to the employer.