Physician (Family Practice)
About the Location
Fort Leonard Wood is located in the stunning Ozarks, 2 hours southwest of St. Louis, MO, providing a Midwest lifestyle that is family oriented with access to the mall, sports, numerous colleges, and the arts.
- Missouri's variety is a perfect fit, with festivals that pull in people from across the Midwest, entertainment that brings travelers from across the country and one road that draws visitors from around the globe.
- Enjoy the bustle, bright lights and endless attractions of our big cities, from museums to nightlife and fine dining to shopping.
- Slow down and relax in our quaint small towns, rich in history and charm. Explore history that runs from the American Indian tribes who gave the Show-Me State its name.
- Discover the breathtaking natural beauty of our wild places, crystal clear streams, the nation's first National Scenic Riverway and fabulous lakes that provide family fun ranging from boating to sailing to fishing and swimming.
- The lower cost of living drives your income another 20%, making this one of the "best kept secrets" in the Midwest.
- Benefits include a comprehensive health and life insurance, generous retirement programs, paid holidays, sick leave, and vacation time, paid employment related training and education, bonuses, incentive, and awards as appropriate for the job
- Very competitive salaries, and annual pay increases and locality pay adjustments.
- This is a great opportunity offering the stability of Civilian employment with the Federal Government
- Features a newly developed compensation plan that is highly competitive with the private sector.
- Any US state license works!
- A great quality of life position.
Medical malpractice liability insurance is not required for federal civilian healthcare providers as they are covered by the Federal Tort Claims Act (28 U.S.C. § 1346(b)) while acting within the scope of their employment.
Physician (Family Practice) performs in accordance with policies and guidelines established by supervisor. Exercises independent judgment with full responsibility for professional diagnosis, treatment, referral and disposition of patients.
Serves as Family Practice Physician. Scope of services include, but are not limited to, examination, diagnosis, prevention and treatment of medical, surgical, obstetric, gynecological, and orthopedic care.
Takes ownership, responsibility for care of assigned panel of patients. Provides first contact, continuous, comprehensive primary care for infants, children, youth, and adults according to current standards of care, the patient centered medical home model of care, and Army policy and relevant regulations. Leads a multi-disciplinary team of individuals who collectively take responsibility for the ongoing care of patients. Coordinates and/or integrates care across all elements of the healthcare system (e.g., subspecialty care, hospitals, home health agencies, nursing homes) and the patient's community (e.g., family, public and private community). Completes required records pertaining to all medical services provided in accordance with specified procedures and regulations.
Teaches and provides consultation to other health care providers as assigned.
Participates in Continuing Medical Education (CME) and quality assurance activities as assigned.
US Citizenship Required
THIS POSITION IS COVERED BY THE CIVILIAN DRUG ABUSE TESTING PROGRAM. INCUMBENT IS REQUIRED TO SIGN A DA FORM 5019-R, AND/OR DA FORM 7412 "CONDITION OF EMPLOYMENT FOR CERTAIN CIVILIAN POSITIONS IDENTIFIED AS CRITICAL UNDER THE DRUG ABUSE TESTING PROGRAM."
MAY BE REQUIRED TO WORK WEEKEND CALL DUTIES AND NIGHTS.
THIS IS AN INCLEMENT WEATHER ESSENTIAL POSITION. INCUMBENT IS EXPECTED TO MAKE EVERY ATTEMPT TO REPORT FOR DUTY ON TIME AND/OR REMAIN ON DUTY DURING SEVERE WEATHER CONDITIONS.
This position has a mandatory seasonal influenza vaccination requirement and is therefore subject to annual seasonal influenza vaccinations. Applicants tentatively selected for appointment to this position will be required to sign a statement (Condition of Employment) consenting to seasonal influenza vaccinations.
ALL EMPLOYEES ASSIGNED TO A Military Treatment Facility ARE REQUIRED TO BE SCREENED FOR APPLICABLE IMMUNIZATIONS REGARDLESS OF SERIES, BASED ON OCCUPATIONAL RISK, AND ARE SUBJECT TO MISSING/REQUIRED IMMUNIZATIONS IAW AR 40-562, CHAPTERS 3 & 4.
PHYSICAL EXAM MAY BE REQUIRED.
Child Care Check is required. This position may have specific initial background investigation and periodic re-verification requirements since its duties requires interaction with children and youth under the age of eighteen (18) years of age on a regular and recurring basis.
Incumbent must maintain certification in Basic Life Support (BLS).
Criminal background check is required.
Beginning 1 November 2010, all new employees on this PD will be required to have a Hep B immunization series as well as an immunization screening as a condition of employment. Employees placed on this PD prior to 1 November are encouraged but not required to have the Hep B series or an immunization screenin
Apply for Physician (Family Practice)
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly.
You do not need to create an account to apply for this job.
This application including your CV, if uploaded, will be sent directly to the employer.