Director of Inpatient Pediatrics and Division of Pediatrics Hospital Medicine
Northwell Health is seeking a full-time board certified Pediatrician to direct the Inpatient Pediatrics Unit and lead the Division of Pediatric Hospital Medicine at Staten Island University Hospital, a teaching hospital of the Zucker School of Medicine at Hofstra Northwell. The ideal candidate will have at least five years experience in Pediatric Hospital Medicine, the ability to oversee the quality improvement activities of the department, a track record in teaching and supervising residents, and the requisite administrative skills.
- The Department of Pediatrics has a 20-bed i-patient unit with close to 1,800 discharges per year, a four-bed PICU and a state-designated level III NICU. There are approximately 3,000 annual newborn deliveries, 10,000 ambulatory faculty practice visits, and 20,000 pediatric emergency department visits.
- Our team consists of four hospitalists, one nurse practitioner and pediatric residents, who are part of a fully accredited program at SIUH.
- Responsibilities include: patient care, supervision of residents and medical students, and QI oversight. Participation in clinical research is available.
- Specialists in all areas of Pediatrics are available including pediatric subspecialties, pediatric surgery, and pediatric urology.
- Opportunities are available for collaboration with Cohen Children’s Medical Center to implement best practices, develop clinical policies and procedures, and participate in scholarly activities.
Founded in 1861, Staten Island University Hospital is a 714-bed, specialized teaching hospital located in New York City’s fastest growing borough. Occupying two large campuses, plus a number of community-based health centers and labs, the hospital provides quality care to people on Staten Island, the New York metropolitan region, and to patients from around the world.
Staten Island is the third largest borough in New York City and is home to diverse neighborhoods, parks, natural areas, and cultural attractions. It is right over the bridge from either Brooklyn or New Jersey, or you can reach Manhattan via ferry, or less than 30 minutes via car. “The small town in the Big City” affords suburban living within the confines of the Big Apple; the best of both worlds. Wherever you roam, you will encounter breathtaking views, world class culture and education, and a neighborhood to fit every palate.
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package. Academic appointment with the Zucker School of Medicine at Hofstra Northwell School of Medicine is commensurate with credentials and experience.
For additional information and to apply, please contact Lan Ma, Senior Physician Recruiter, Office of Physician Recruitment: firstname.lastname@example.org, 516-823-8022.
Apply for Director of Inpatient Pediatrics and Division of Pediatrics Hospital Medicine
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly.
You do not need to create an account to apply for this job.
This application including your CV, if uploaded, will be sent directly to the employer.