Department Coordinator- Surgery
Jacobi Medical Center is the largest public hospital in the Bronx (500+ beds) and a Level 1 Trauma Center. Jacobi is a major academic affiliation and teaching site of the Albert Einstein College of Medicine. Recognized as the regional hyperbaric center and regional snakebite center for the tri-state area, Jacobi offers state of the art medical care, delivered with compassion, dignity, and respect. From preventive medicine to cutting-edge specialty services, Jacobi provides first class care in a wide range of services and specialties.
Duties for the department include but are not limited to:
- Provide secretarial support to the Chairman of the Department of Surgery and various Surgical Attendings.
- Coordinate all aspects of reappointments and credentialing paperwork for staff in the Department as required by the Medical Staff Affairs Department.
- Prepare time sheets and session sheets, including necessary support documentation to be forwarded to appropriate areas for signature and Payroll Department on a timely basis.
- Maintain HDS and Internet working skills in order to retrieve patient/general information for staff upon request.
- Schedule meetings; take notes and handle all travel arrangements as needed.
- Maintain appointment calendars for Chiefs.
- Heavy phone interaction. Answer telephones in a professional and courteous manner. Screen and direct calls to staff as needed. Check voice-mail and emails promptly.
- Open and distribute mail.
- Maintain up-to-date listing of all new patients being evaluated.
- Professional document processing. (e.g. reports, general departmental letters, memos etc.)
- Other administrative and secretarial duties as assigned.
- Minimum High School diploma
- Must have at least 2-5 years health care management experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Knowledge of basic PC functions and Microsoft Office
- Prior front desk experience
Apply for Department Coordinator- Surgery
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly.
You do not need to create an account to apply for this job.
This application including your CV, if uploaded, will be sent directly to the employer.