Physician - General Pediatrics - Metropolitan Hospital - New York, New York - Full Time
PAGNY is comprised of over 4,000 physicians and healthcare professionals who provide services to NYC Health + Hospitals (H+H), the largest public health system in the United States. Our practitioners are highly skilled professionals with outstanding credentials who deliver the highest level of quality healthcare to patients throughout New York City.
NYC Health + Hospitals/Metropolitan, located on First Avenue & 97 th Street in Manhattan, accommodate over 313,000 outpatient visits, nearly 70,000 emergency room visits and more than 13,000 inpatient admissions annually. The hospital maintains an academic affiliation with New York Medical College.
- Advise patients, parents or guardians and community members concerning diet, activity, hygiene, and disease prevention
- Examine children regularly to assess their growth and development
- Examine patients or order, perform and interpret diagnostic tests to obtain information on medical condition and determine diagnosis
- Explain procedures and discuss test results or prescribed treatments with patients and parents or guardians
- Monitor patients' condition and progress and re-evaluate treatments as necessary
- Plan and execute medical care programs to aid in the mental and physical growth and development of children and adolescents
- Prescribe or administer treatment, therapy, medication, vaccination, and other specialized medical care to treat or prevent illness, disease, or injury in infants and children
- Refer patient to medical specialist or other practitioner when necessary
- Treat children who have minor illnesses, acute and chronic health problems, and growth and development concerns
- Other duties as assigned by the department
- Schedule is Monday-Friday day shifts, 35 hours per week
- Board Certification or Eligibility in Pediatrics
- Possess or eligible for a New York State Medical License
- Competitive compensation package
- 10% 401K company contribution after one year of service
- Choice of a three-tiered nearly FREE medical plan
- Excellent dental insurance including orthodontics coverage
- Generous paid time off program
- CME days and dollars
- Eligibility for loan forgiveness through the National Student Debt Forgiveness Center
- Visa candidates are considered
- Medical Malpractice policy coverage
For more information regarding this opportunity, please email your CV to Katherine Sharpe, Physician Recruiter for PAGNY, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
Apply for Physician - General Pediatrics - Metropolitan Hospital - New York, New York - Full Time
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly.
You do not need to create an account to apply for this job.
This application including your CV, if uploaded, will be sent directly to the employer.