Surgery Faculty Position
In a pioneering international initiative, Cornell University and Weill Cornell Medical College established Weill Cornell Medicine - Qatar (WCM-Q) in 2002 through a unique partnership with the Qatar Foundation for Education, Science, and Community Development.
We are seeking a clinician/educator with substantial experience in teaching and clinical practice in an academic medical center in North America to teach in the integrated Foundational Sciences courses and in the Clerkships of the undergraduate medical program. Preference will be given to Trauma and Critical Care surgeons.
WCM-Q and Weill Cornell Medical College in New York share the same mission: to provide the finest education possible for medical students, conduct research at the cutting edge of knowledge, improve health care, both now and for future generations, and provide the highest quality of care to the community. Full details regarding the WCM-Q program and facilities, including affiliations with ACGME-I accredited clinical sites, can be accessed at: http://qatar-weill.cornell.edu.
- M.D or equivalent
- Amrican Board certification in Surgery or its accepted equivalent
- Experience in teaching and clinical practice in an academic medical center in North America
- A record of excellence in teaching and scholarship
- A minimum of three years of significant teaching experience in a university or academic health system
- Experience with several learning modalities, including bedside teaching, problem-based learning (PBL), lectures, small group sessions, and journal clubs
- A track record of clinical or educational research would be highly advantageous
- Preference will be given to applicants who provide evidence of their successful involvement in the development and delivery of innovative approaches to teaching and who demonstrate their strong record of excellence in and commitment to teaching
- Passion for student success
- Excellent communication and interpersonal stills
- Adaptive thinking
- Ability to build trust with colleagues and stakeholders
- Appreciation for diversity
- Ability to set and achieve goals
- A comprehensive and highly competitive salary and foreign-service benefits package, including fully furnished housing and other supplementary benefits, is provided.
- Clinical faculty may receive clinical privileges to conduct clinical work at affiliated hospitals and may have opportunities for research collaborations.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit a thoughtful letter of application outlining their interest in the position and how their skills and experience match WCM-Q’s requirements, along with a full curriculum vitae.
Please note that due to the high volume of applications, only short-listed candidates will be contacted. The Search Committee will begin reviewing applications immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Cornell University is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Educator and Employer.