Supervisory Physician( Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation )
This position is located at WOMACK Army Medical Center, Fort Bragg NC
This is an employed civilian Supervisory Physician (Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation) position that affords job security, a competitive salary, bonuses, moving expenses, full malpractice coverage, up to 26 days paid vacation, 10 days paid Federal Holidays, a sick leave benefit, CME opportunities, and a first-class health and retirement benefit package. We are seeking ordinary people with extraordinary hearts to care for the men and women who wear and have worn the uniform and their families.
Named after Medal of Honor recipient, PFC Bryant H. Womack, we are a fully accredited 110-bed, evidenced-based regional medical center and GME facility serving Fort Bragg, the home of Airborne and Special Operations and the largest U.S. Army installation in the world. We manage several outstanding Primary Care practice sites located in Fort Bragg, Fayetteville, Hope Mills, and Linden Oaks.
Womack is located in Fayetteville, Fort Bragg which is 2 hours from the beach and 5 hours from the Appalachian Mountains with easy access to I-95 and all points north and south. This central North Carolina location enjoys seasonably palatable weather year-round. Many facilities and services are offered such as first class golfing venues and renowned universities, a skeet range, riding stables, ice skating rink, state-of-the-art fitness centers, daycare, star-quality dining, full service banking, convenience shop, barbershop, and florist.
Fayetteville, NC: http://fayetteville.northcarolina.com/
Womack Army Medical Center: https://tricare.mil/mtf/womack
As a (Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation) Supervisory Physician you will:
- Responsible for managing Integrative Medicine Services (may include treatment such Acupuncture, Pain Psychology, Movement therapy, Chiropractic care) within the Interdisciplinary Pain Management Center (IPMC).
- Prescribe full spectrum of Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy, Speech, Neuropsychology evaluations, social work services and serves as team leader for Rehabilitation services.
- Order Radiology, laboratory tests, make diagnosis and prescribe/direct appropriate Rehabilitation treatment to include drugs, dietary care, interventional care as indicated.
- Perform comprehensive pain management using Trigger point and soft tissue injections, blocks, and rehabilitation exercise program.
- Perform full range of consultations provide Rehabilitation recommendations for patients with multiple, chronic conditions to include but not limited to traumatic brain injury, chronic pain, musculoskeletal injuries, etc.
- Establish performance standards, and serve as senior rater for subordinate supervisor(s) and employees. Review and approve performance standards and evaluations.
US Citizenship required
You must have a Doctor of Medicine, Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine, or equivalent from a school in the United States or Canada. This degree must have been accredited by the Council on Medical Education of the American Medical Association; Association of American Medical Colleges; Liaison Committee on Medical Education; Commission on Osteopathic College Accreditation of the American Osteopathic Association, or an accrediting body recognized by the U.S. Department of Education at the time the degree was obtained. A Doctor of Medicine or equivalent degree from a foreign medical school must have provided education and medical knowledge equivalent to accredited schools in the United States. Evidence of equivalency to accredited schools in the United States is demonstrated by permanent certification by the Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates, a fifth pathway certificate for Americans who completed premedical education in the United States and graduate education in a foreign country, or successful completion of the U.S.
Medical Licensing Examination.
Must possess a current, active, full, and unrestricted license or registration as a Physician from a State, the District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, or a territory of the United States.
Apply for Supervisory Physician( Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation )
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly.
You do not need to create an account to apply for this job.
This application including your CV, if uploaded, will be sent directly to the employer.