PAGNY is comprised of over 4,000 physicians and healthcare professionals who provide services to NYC Health + Hospitals (H+H), the largest public health system in the United States. Our practitioners are highly skilled professionals with outstanding credentials who deliver the highest level of quality healthcare to patients throughout New York City
NYC Health + Hospitals/Kings County , located in the heart of Brooklyn, accommodate more than 518,076 outpatient visits, more than 141,328 emergency room visits, and with 627 beds, more than 25,000 inpatient admissions annually. The hospital maintains a strong academic affiliation with SUNY Downstate Medical Center in order to maintain its high standards of healthcare delivery.
The Ophthalmic Technician/lmager , reporting directly to the Chief of Ophthalmology, or his designee, is responsible for supporting the physicians in the Ophthalmology Department by Performing pre-examination of the patients, taking all appropriate images, performing duties delineated below and participating in quality improvement projects aimed at improving the quality outcomes of the care delivered in the Ophthalmology department.
- The responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Performs pre-examination of the patients, taking patient histories (including allergy history), spec t acle measurements (automated and manual lensometry), recording contact lens specifications, visual acuity checks, automated refraction and automated keratometry, manifest distance and near refractions, Schirmer te s ting, glare testing, potential acuity testing (PAM , Heine retinometer) , color vision testing, applanation and Tonopen tonometry, pupil evaluation, extraocular motility evaluation, confrontation visual fields, and Amsler grid testing .
- Assist physicians with la s ers, intravitreal injections (including procurement of the injectable medications), minor oculoplastic procedures; surgical site identification; vital signs; and eye
- Assist the physicians with surgical
- Ocular medications (instill and identify); knowledge of drug allergies and
- Accurate documentation and reconciliation of the drug logs to insure proper inventory control; securing all medications.
- Contact lens instruction, counsel and fitting
-Strong knowledge of ophthalmic terminology, anatomy and physiology
-Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to act independently
- Bilingual in Spanish and/or Haitian Creole is a plus
JCAHPO home study to be completed within probation and JCAHPO, GOA (1 51 level
license) to be obtained within 6 months of hire
Apply for Ophthalmic Technician
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly.
You do not need to create an account to apply for this job.
This application including your CV, if uploaded, will be sent directly to the employer.