Psychiatrist - On Call - Moonlighting
Job Schedule: Per Diem
Standard Hours: 1
Job Shift: Shift 1
Shift Details: Friday Night and Weekend Call Coverage for Inpatient Psychiatry, Crisis Intervention, C & L
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, almost 20,000 Hartford HealthCare employees come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut's most comprehensive healthcare network.
Charlotte Hungerford Hospital is a 122-bed, general acute care community hospital located in Torrington, Connecticut, that serves as a regional health care resource for the 100,000 residents of Litchfield County and Northwest Connecticut. CHH offers personalized attention from an expert team of caregivers and physicians that utilize advanced technology and clinical partnerships in a convenient, safe and comfortable patient environment.
Reporting directly to the Medical Director, Behavioral Health, the incumbents of this position are responsible for providing direct care to patients of the Behavioral Health Department. Responsibilities include but are not limited to initial patient assessment, ordering and evaluation of appropriate tests, treatment, discharge and recommendations for follow-up with other healthcare providers as required. Responsible for developing and maintaining good customer relations and ensuring the confidentiality of patient information.
- Responsible for direct patient care. Evaluates patients through I examination and development of a detailed medical history. Writes orders for diagnostic studies, medications, treatments and other matters pertaining to patient care.
- Charts observations, test results, and all patient communication in medical record as dictated by CHH Hospital Policy and Procedure. Ensures that patient records are treated as confidential information.
- Reviews and interprets results of diagnostic studies and tests and incorporates information into a care plan.
- Arranges for appropriate follow-up/care referral for patients.
- Follows established departmental policies and procedures, objectives, quality improvement program, safety, environmental and infection control standards.
- Provides healthcare and discharge information to patients and families and writes discharge instructions.
- Advises patients and families on the use of various medications including dosage, side effects and composition.
- Determines and discusses diagnosis/differential diagnosis with patient. Documents on chart and charge slip.
- Prioritizes work and provides prompt and efficient service. Processes all paperwork, prepares charge slips accurately and verifies bills for accuracy.
- Displays and upholds CHH core values of dignity, compassion, service excellence, community and integrity. Consistently demonstrates caring for patients, for one another, and for the organization they are part of, and contributes to building trust, pride and camaraderie.
JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL REQUIREMENTS, AND DESIRED ATTRIBUTES
- Meets all required job specific competencies, including mandatory educational requirements.
- Participates and maintains professional growth and development through seminars, workshops and
- professional affiliations to stay current on the latest trends related to position. Complies with hospital
- policies and procedures related to safety, infection control, attendance, sexual harassment, dress code,
- corporate compliance, confidentiality and others.
- Assists in formulating and screening Quality Improvement criteria and providing in-service training for staff. Assists in the development of new policies, procedures, ,and programs to improve efficiency and effectiveness.
Pleasevisit https://www.hhccareers.org/ foreven more information about Hartford HealthCare and living and working in ourregion.
We lookforward to speaking about all that HHC can offer you!
Contact: Nicolette Burns
Physician Recruitment and Integration
This position requires a M.D. or PhD and 3 years of job related experience.
Requires clinical experience. The job, also requires a State of CT license, DEA, Controlled Substance, and CPR.
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge - helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.
Apply for Psychiatrist - On Call - Moonlighting
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly.
You do not need to create an account to apply for this job.
This application including your CV, if uploaded, will be sent directly to the employer.