Attending Adult Inpatient Psychiatrist
The department of Psychiatry has 70 adult and geriatric acute inpatient beds, a partial hospital program, Psychiatric emergency and consultation-liaison services, an adult ambulatory practice, and a community-based assertive community treatment program. The department employs evidenced-based best practices in providing the highest quality care to its patients, in a patient-centered approach that is respectful of their individuality, culture, and community.
The inpatient service has an opening for an Attending Psychiatrist. We provide opportunities for leadership/ teaching/learning with an ideal mix of academics and clinical service. You will also enjoy a comfortable and cordial work environment, and receive a highly competitive salary and benefits package. There are opportunities for additional paid sessional work, but there is no mandatory on-call requirement.
- Responsibilities will include:
- The staff Psychiatrist will have responsibility for clinical and educational activities on a 24-bed acute adult inpatient unit, including participation in a multidisciplinary treatment team.
- Direct supervision of Psychologists, Social Workers, Psychiatric PA staff and Medical Students
- Participation in all activities related to clinical care and documentation of care, performance improvement, regulatory compliance, and student supervision, education & training
- Participate in our innovative integrative care activities
- Eligible for license in the state of NY
- ABMS Board Certified or Board eligible
- Graduated from ACGME or AOA approved training program
- Completion of an approved Psychiatry residency program
- 2 years of satisfactory full-time paid clinical experience in psychiatric practice.
- Superior clinical, Diagnostic, interpersonal/communication and team-building skills.
- Bilingual English/Spanish
You will receive:
- A very competitive salary
- An excellent benefits package
- An Academic Appointment at AECOM
- Opportunities for Departmental Representation via hospital committee work
- Opportunities for Leadership Education
- Opportunities for Research
Apply for Attending Adult Inpatient Psychiatrist
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly.
You do not need to create an account to apply for this job.
This application including your CV, if uploaded, will be sent directly to the employer.