Harlem Hospital Center provides a wide range of medical, surgical, diagnostic, therapeutic, and family support services. The hospital is a 286-bed acute care facility and a designated Level 1 Trauma Center, with a full spectrum of specialty services, including a burn unit, an adult intensive care unit, a neonatal intensive care unit, a pediatric intensive care unit and a cardiac care unit.
- This position entails compiling and maintaining records of all cancer patients for physicians and research studies using the Tumor Registry data and hospital records.
- Attends and coordinates Tumor Registry activities and serves as a liaison between clinical departments and cancer cases.
- Follow-up of all patients with the diagnosis of cancer and other supportive duties as assigned.
- Abstract all history of cancer patients and is responsible for Epidemiology on cancer patients.
- Coordinates weekly Tumor Board Conferences and quarterly Cancer Committee Meetings.
- Submits reports to NYS Department of Health and other regulatory agencies.
- Performs duties that are required to meet CMS and other NYS regulatory guidelines for patient management.
- Completion of a Bachelor's Degree from an accredited institution.
- Must have knowledge of NYS Central Registry requirements and ACS regulations and accreditation process.
- Working knowledge of the electronic medical record.
- Certified as Tumor Registrar preferred. Candidate will need to become certified within first 18 months of employment
- Computer skills utilizing applicable software.
- Ability to manage database and query requests.
Apply for Tumor Registrar
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly.
You do not need to create an account to apply for this job.
This application including your CV, if uploaded, will be sent directly to the employer.