Full-time Child Abuse Pediatrician to work as the Medical Director
We offer the unparalleled opportunity to gain the long-term personal and professional satisfaction of serving our patients and our diverse community, while teaching the next generation of health care providers, in one of the best places to live in the United States.
About the Organization
Santa Clara Valley Health and Hospital System (SCVHHS) is the second-largest County-owned health and hospital system in California and is committed to improving the health of the 1.8 million people of Santa Clara County. As of March 2019, SCVHHS is comprised of three hospitals: Santa Clara Valley Medical Center (SCVMC - a 574-bed central hospital), O’Connor Hospital (OCH), and Saint Louise Regional Hospital (SLRH); in addition SCVHHS includes a large primary care network comprised of nine health centers throughout the County (including our newest center in downtown San Jose, which opened in 2016), several urgent care clinics, a broad-range of specialty services in our Valley Specialty Center, comprehensive dental services, a large behavioral health department, public health, EMS, and Valley Health Plan.
SCVMC itself hosts five residency training programs and partners with Stanford University Medical Center for the training of residents and fellows in many Stanford-based specialties. SCVMC also features a Level 1 Trauma Center, Burn Center, Primary Stroke Center, and a CARF-accredited Rehabilitation Center. Owing to its geographic location and specialty offerings, SCVMC not only serves the County, but also the larger region.
Providers in our health system also have the unique opportunity to use our integrated electronic health record (Epic), which brings together system-wide patient information. Recently, the Health Information Management Systems Society (HIMSS) recognized SCVMC for achieving its highest level of success (Stage 7), based on our continuous innovation and optimization of our inpatient and outpatient EHR.
About the Community
SCVMC is located in San Jose, California in the heart of Silicon Valley, offering a diverse choice of cultural, recreational, and lifestyle opportunities. Our physicians live in a range of communities, including urban (e.g., San Francisco), university (e.g., Palo Alto), high tech (e.g., many cities of Silicon Valley), mountain (e.g., Los Gatos), beach (e.g. Santa Cruz), and rural/agricultural (e.g., Gilroy).
Skills required include: clinical expertise in the forensic evaluations of children who may have been victims of sexual or physical abuse and neglect; awareness of the impact of trauma on the emotional and psychological well-being of children; knowledge of the relationship of various systems of care impacting the welfare of children; and the ability to collaborate with other leaders and organizations to improve the integration of services for vulnerable children.
- Clinical Responsibilities:
- Center for Child Protection: forensic evaluations for child sexual abuse and child physical abuse; administrative supervision of CCP programs; clinical supervision of all written reports and culposcopic photographs obtained by Advanced Practice Providers (APPs). Clinical hours and call schedule to be determined.
- SPARK Clinic: administrative and clinical supervision of the SPARK Clinic, the medical home for children in foster care in Santa Clara County.
- Youth Clinic: participate in administration of transitional age youth clinic, serving teens and young adults who were previously in foster care or the juvenile justice system—and other high risk youth.
- Administrative Responsibilities:
- Support collaborative efforts to establish a Child Advocacy Center in Santa Clara County.
- Chair SCVMC’s Child Abuse Prevention Committee, an internal to SCVMC cross-disciplinary team that evaluates quality of abuse evaluations across SCVHHS, and supports educational efforts.
- Supervise maintenance of data base re: child physical and sexual abuse evaluations.
- Provide ongoing education and develop educational materials for staff pediatricians, residents, and physicians regarding signs and symptoms of abuse and neglect.
- Provide annual training for the pediatric and emergency departments regarding mandatory reporting requirements and recognition of signs and symptoms of child abuse.
- Collaborate with our county and community partners to develop a centralized trauma-informed resource for children in foster care to monitor medication practices, school behavior interventions, and school disciplinary practices. These partners include Behavioral Health, Dept. of Family & Children Services (DFCS), Kinship and Foster Parent Association (KAFTA), Juvenile Court, Probation, District Attorney’s Office, County Superintendent of Schools, and Santa Clara County First 5.
- Represent SCVMC on county-wide organizations who advocate for children’s health and safety, including Santa Clara County Child Abuse Prevention Council (CAPC), the Child Death Review Committee (CDRT), the Cross Agency Service Team (CAST), and others, as appropriate.
About Compensation and Benefits
We offer competitive compensation, generous comprehensive benefit package (including 53 days of leave per year), paid malpractice, vibrant professional environment, opportunity for career growth, and the opportunity to serve a multicultural patient population. SCVMC is an Equal Opportunity employer. If you are interested in joining a practice with unparalleled personal and professional advantages, then please submit your letter of interest and CV to Roya Rousta at MD.email@example.com.
The San Francisco Bay Area is well known for its rich diversity of cultures. Santa Clara Valley Health and Hospital System seeks candidates whose experiences have prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence. The County of Santa Clara is an Equal Opportunity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious belief, ancestry, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or preference, pregnancy, marital status, disability, medical condition, political belief, veterans status, organizational affiliation or association with any individual in any of these groups. Santa Clara Valley Health and Hospital System is committed to inclusion for all of its patients, employees, and community.
Apply for Full-time Child Abuse Pediatrician to work as the Medical Director
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly.
You do not need to create an account to apply for this job.
This application including your CV, if uploaded, will be sent directly to the employer.