DOSIMETRIST - SUM
Essential Job functions:
- Conduct examinations with the use of diagnostic equipment
- Calculate radiation dose and location, the energy level of the beam
- Determine equipment settings for each procedure
- Present isodose plan in detail, with OARs and target volume doses, to the Radiation Oncologist
- Plan and produce molds, casts, and other immobilization devices
- Monitor and record radiation treatments
- Create and maintain records of treatment plans and outcomes
- Take part in clinical research (documentation, credentialing) and receive continuing education as required
General Job functions:
- Study patients' medical histories
- Identify the location, size, and nature of tumors
- Design computerized isodose treatment plans
- Ensure that all equipment is functioning properly
- Oversee radiation-safety protocols
- Serve as an assistant to the medical physicist, and follow the lead of the radiation oncologist
- Ongoing teaching and education requirements
- Mentor junior dosimetrists
Physical Job Requirements:
- Pushing and pulling, taking frequency and weight into consideration.
- Physical strength to lift heavy objects, carts, or items, taking frequency and weight into consideration.
- Physical mobility, which includes movement from place to place on the job, taking distance and speed into account.
- Physical agility, which includes ability to maneuver body while in place.
- Dexterity of hands and fingers.
- Balance is maintained during climbing, bending and/or reaching
- Endurance (e.g. continuous typing, prolonged standing/bending, walking).
Education, Certification, Computer and Training Requirements:
- Must be a graduate of a hospital or college affiliated medical dosimetry program
- Must have certification as a medical dosimetrist by the Medical Dosimetry Certification Board
- Must demonstrate proficiency in IMRT, IGRT, SBRT, SRS Gating and brachytherapy.
- Ability to commute to satellite offices as needed
- A friendly and fast-paced environment working with passionate people
- Outstanding growth opportunities
- Time Off
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Short/Long Term Disability, HSA, and Life Insurance
- 401K plan with company matching contribution
- Cash Bonus Programs
- Recognition and rewards programs to recognize successful teams
- Other Perks & Discounts
- Commuter and parking discount program to help you save (using pretax dollars)
*Full Time Benefit Eligible Employees Only
Equal Opportunity Employer
Our Company provides equal employment opportunities ( EEO ) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of, race, color, religion, creed, gender/sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression (including transgender status), national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, pregnancy, military status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, and local laws.
Our Company cares about the safety of our employees and applicants. Our Company does not use chat rooms for job searches or communications. Our Company will never request personal information via informal chat platforms or unsecure email. Our Company will never ask for money or an exchange of money, banking or other personal information prior to the in-person interview. Be aware of potential scams while job seeking. Interviews are conducted at select Our Company locations during regular business hours only. For information on job scams, visit, https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/JobScams or file a complaint at https://www.ftccomplaintassistant.gov/ .
Apply for DOSIMETRIST - SUM
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly.
You do not need to create an account to apply for this job.
This application including your CV, if uploaded, will be sent directly to the employer.