System Stroke Program and Neurology Department Director
Legacy Health has a rare and exciting opportunity for an experienced Neurologist leader.
This leader will have responsibility over the Legacy Medical Group – Neurology physicians practicing across Legacy hospital campuses and help to direct growth strategy for Legacy Health neurology services system-wide. Additionally, the leader will be the System Medical Director for the Legacy Health Stroke Program, which includes one certified comprehensive stroke center, four certified primary stroke centers, and telestroke network sites. The position is divided equally between administrative and clinical time.
LMG Neurology has five outpatient practice sites and neuro-hospitalist programs at five hospitals. There are currently 15 practitioners in LMG Neurology, including physicians, nurse practitioners, and physician assistants.
Portland is a sophisticated city with diverse cultural activities and a wonderful urban feel. For those who enjoy more outside activities, Portland boasts the largest inner-city park in the USA (Forest Park), more bike paths per city mile than any other city in the USA, as well as hiking, skiing, windsurfing, and gardening. Portland is nestled in the Columbia River Gorge and within 90 minutes of Northwest ocean beaches to the West and 90 minutes to long skiing seasons on Mount Hood to the east. Our mild four seasons encourages outdoor living.
- Provides medical leadership and services to all Legacy facilities.
- Works to integrate neurology-related services into the larger medical systems in order to maximize efficiency and quality.
- Works collaboratively with designated medical leaders, other directors, and senior management to develop and further the vision and strategies of neurology-related services.
- Communicates clear expectations of results to physicians and assists with the resolution of complex issues and problems.
- Participates in the implementation of quality assurance and utilization review with program managers.
- Assures a dynamic and comprehensive educational program that meets community and stroke care team needs.
- Acts for the medical staff in emergency matters regarding patient care in the absence of attending staff.
- Ensures effective communication among medical, nursing, and administrative staff.
- Works cooperatively with clinical directors of neurology-related programs, including emergency, nursing, and stroke services.
- Consults with clinical director in addressing ethical and/or legal issues related to consult services and/or specific patient care.
- Consults with professional staff and referring physicians regarding care and treatment of referred patients.
- Follows department procedure regarding clinical chart entries and communicates results of findings to ordering physician.
- Monitors Continuous Quality Improvement from the operations standpoint.
Qualifications and Licensure Requirements:
- Graduate of four-year accredited U.S. Medical School or equivalent. Completion of an accredited residency program and fellowship in Neurology.
- Board Certified in Vascular Neurology.
- Unrestricted license to practice medicine in the applicable state.
- Current BLS certification from the American Heart Association.
- Follows guidelines set forth in Legacy's Values in Action.
Benefits of Working for Legacy
- A nonprofit that serves the community.
- Community leader in providing healthcare and healthcare related services to the under served.
- Full compensation and benefits package to include competitive salary, hire-on bonuses, relocation assistance, CME allowance, full medical plan, malpractice coverage, retirement, and much more.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Vets/Disabled