Physician Specialist (Emergency Medicine)
PAGNY is comprised of over 4,000 physicians and healthcare professionals who provide services to NYC Health + Hospitals (H+H), the largest public health system in the United States. Our practitioners are highly skilled professionals with outstanding credentials who deliver the highest level of quality healthcare to patients throughout New York City.
NYC Health + Hospitals/Kings County operates a world-renowned Level 1 Trauma Center, one of only three in the borough, which serves 2.6 million residents of Brooklyn and Staten Island. NYC Health + Hospitals/Kings County maintains close relationships with NYC Health + Hospitals' diagnostic, post-acute, and long-term care centers. The hospital is academically affiliated with SUNY Downstate Medical Center.
Kings County is located in the East Flatbush/Prospect-Lefferts section of Brooklyn, close to the 2 and 5 subways. Our patients are diverse, with the majority being afro-Caribbean. Most of our patients are native English speakers. Knowledge of French/Haitian Creole is helpful, but not required.
Full time Physician Specialist working in the Emergency Medicine Department. - Rotating schedule
- To asses, evaluate, diagnose, perform history and physical exam, treat patients of all ages who present in the Emergency Department with any symptom, illness, injury, or condition.
- To provide comprehensive and quality care to the patients.
- To work collaboratively with nursing as well as other clinical services in the hospital.
- The provider is to complete all assigned administrative tasks/charts as required by the department as well as the hospital.
- To provide clinical teaching and oversights for residents, fellows and students.
- Must be up to date with clinical skills and knowledge base by regular CME as well as taking part in regular departmental teaching activities.
- Will perform all other duties assigned by the Chief of Service or his/her designee.
- Graduate of approved medical school
- Licensed to practice medicine and surgery in NY State
- Current registration in NY State
- Meets 911 staffing requirements
- Board Certified in Emergency Medicine
Apply for Physician Specialist (Emergency Medicine)
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly.
You do not need to create an account to apply for this job.
This application including your CV, if uploaded, will be sent directly to the employer.