Associate or Full Professor ~ Head Physician
UNIL is a leading international teaching and research institution, with over 5,000 employees and 15,500 students split between its Dorigny campus, CHUV and Epalinges. UNIL and CHUV encourage excellence, individual recognition and responsibility. The Faculty of Biology and Medicine (FBM) and the Lausanne University Hospital (CHUV) are inviting applications for a position of:
Associate or Full Professor ~ Head physician responsible for pediatric cardiac surgery within the Cardiac Surgery Service
Starting date: to be agreed
Place: Lausanne, Switzerland
The person appointed will have major responsibilities in the clinical field, teaching, research and in the management of the CCV service at the CHUV and within the Romand University Center for Pediatric Cardiology and Cardiac Surgery (according to the terms described in the agreement VD-GE). She/he will lead, under the supervision of the Head of Service, a team of surgeons and assistants in training. The position requires strong leadership skills and a keen interest in implementing the latest technologies. It also requires a high level of commitment to research and teaching.
• Swiss Federal diploma in medicine (or equivalent)
• FMH title in cardiac and thoracic vascular surgery or equivalent
• Extensive clinical experience in pediatric and congenital heart surgery
• Extensive experience of adult congenitals also including heart transplantation and pediatric circulatory assistance
• Academic knowledge of faculty rank with proven practice in pre and postgraduate teaching
• Ability to set up clinical research programs likely to be supported by external expert funds
• Have demonstrated skills in the areas of organization, interdisciplinary collaboration, and networks as well as in human resources management
• Good knowledge of French (LM or minimum B2, C1 ideal) or ability to acquire it quickly.
Further information may be obtained from Prof. Lucia Mazzolai (email@example.com), Head of the Department or Prof. Matthias Kirsch (Matthias.firstname.lastname@example.org), Deputy Head of Service.
Applications, in English, will include a motivation letter, a curriculum vitae, a copy of the five most relevant publications, as well as names and contact information of three referees, a brief statement of research interests and teaching experience and a copy of diplomas. They should be submitted online by March 14th, 2021 (23:59 GMT+1) to https://wwwfbm.unil.ch/releve/application/announce/list_all as a single PDF file.
The job description is available on the same link (or QR code).
We offer a pleasant working atmosphere in a multicultural, diverse and dynamic academic environment. There are possibilities for continuing professional education and a multitude of activities and other benefits to discover.
UNIL and CHUV are committed to promoting gender equality and diversity and strongly encourage applications from female candidates. www.unil.ch/egalite