Medical Director - Adult Outpatient Psychiatric Services
Northern Light Acadia Hospital is seeking a BC/BE Psychiatrist for our Adult Outpatient Psychiatric Services Medical Director opportunity in Bangor, Maine!
- Candidate must be a BC/BE Psychiatrist.
- In conjunction with the Senior Physician Executive and Associate VP Adult Services, coordinates his/her working schedule so as to ensure the continuity of patient services within Adult Outpatient Services, including Acadia Hospital and Acadia Healthcare.
- In conjunction with the AVP, he/she admits patients, performs diagnostic evaluations, and monitors all medical related patient issues.
- Provides night, weekend, and holiday coverage as required.
- Must be generally familiar with hospital operations, policies and procedures, and clinical placement criteria.
Northern Light Acadia Hospital is an acute care, regional psychiatric hospital in Bangor, Maine. Acadia Hospital is a leader in the provision of tele-psychiatry services, including consultations to regional emergency departments, primary care practices and offers the following innovative programming:
- Behavioral home health
- Integrated behavioral healthcare in primary care practices
- Mood and Memory Clinic – (involved in multiple clinical trials for promising Alzheimer's medications)
- Individual therapy
- Intensive outpatient treatment
- Inpatient psychiatric treatment and observation unit
Acadia hospital is the sole corporate member of Northern Light Acadia Healthcare which offers a substance use disorder treatment program, case management services, and other outpatient mental health services in Penobscot, Waldo, and Knox counties.
Bangor, Maine is a vibrant small city with easy access to Maine's spectacular coast. Bangor, Maine is a vibrant small city with easy access to Maine's spectacular coast, mountains, and lakes. Schools rank among New England's best with the flagship campus of the University of Maine located in the neighboring town of Orono. Bangor serves as the regional hub for medicine, the arts, and commerce. Bangor International Airport offers direct and one-stop service to most major destinations.
Why Northern Light Acadia Hospital?
- Robust Compensation and Benefits Package
- Student Loan Reimbursement Programs
- Relocation Reimbursement
- Sign on Bonus
- Flexible Schedules and Exceptional Work/Life Balance
- Generous PTO benefits
- Leadership and Teaching Opportunities
- Stipends Available for Certain Board Certifications
If you are interested in this opportunity, please contact:
Kelsey Anderson, LCSW - Provider Recruiter
Apply for Medical Director - Adult Outpatient Psychiatric Services
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly.
You do not need to create an account to apply for this job.
This application including your CV, if uploaded, will be sent directly to the employer.