Novant Health - Pediatric Neurologist-Epileptologist
NH Pediatric Neurology is seeking a caring and compassionate General Pediatric Epileptologist to join our rapidly growing pediatric specialty team. This position is located in Charlotte, NC with satellite locations in the south and north market of Mecklenburg county.
This is a full-time position and would involve the management of pediatric epilepsy patients and general neurology patients as part of a pediatric neurology practice. This physician partners closely with a dedicated world class Pediatric Brain and Spine Neurosurgeon, providing coverage for the pediatric EMU and participating in the pediatric epilepsy surgical work ups.
- NH Pediatric Neurology is primarily outpatient with some hospitalist duties for Novant Health Hemby Children’s Hospital Medical Center and is part of large pediatric multispecialty system with an excellent built in referral base
- Patient population would consist of complex and refractory epilepsy patients, but also include some general neurology patients
- The practice has several locations in the south and north market of Mecklenburg county, centrally located in Charlotte, NC
- The physician would help to rotate coverage for the pediatric inpatient floor, PICU, NICU, and pediatric emergency department for one-week rotations with 4 other neurologists
- This physician would help with the leadership of the ambulatory pediatric EEG lab, approximately 850 outpatient EEGs a year, and responsible for continuous EEG reading for the practice, as well as rotation of reading hospital studies
- Along with the NH Adult Neurology and Sleep service line, NH Pediatric Neurology is associated with an NAEC level IV epilepsy center offering adult and pediatric epilepsy monitoring
- Both the pediatric outpatient EEG lab and pediatric EMU upgraded to Cadwell hardware and software systems in 2020
- NH Pediatric Neurology has a full-time pediatric neuropsychologist on staff and works with the service line pediatric dietitian to manage ketogenic diet
Pediatric Specialty at Novant Health:
- Available level IV neonatal intensive care unit (NICU) provides infants with the highest possible level of care
- Novant Health Hemby Children’s Hospital is a member of the prestigious Children’s Hospital Association
- Hemby Children’s Hospital is a Magnet Health Care facility recognized for excellence in nursing
- The St. Jude Affiliate Clinic at Novant Health Hemby Children’s Hospital has been recognized by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention as a hemophilia care Center of Excellence
- A comprehensive offering of pediatric sub-specialties including neurology, cardiology, endocrinology, gastroenterology, pulmonology, infectious disease, oncology and hematology, sleep medicine, nephrology, developmental and behavioral pediatrics, and sports medicine
Novant Health offers:
- 2-Year salary guarantee
- NH Medical Group employed
- Medical and Retirement Benefits
- Relocation Allowance
- CME Allowance
- System wide EHR-Epic
- Work-Life balance
Novant Health Medical Group
- Is one of the largest medical groups in the nation
- Offers resiliency training for physicians and team members to prevent burnout
- Is nationally recognized for advanced care and one of the largest community based, non-profit healthcare systems
- Is well known for being physician-led and physician-driven. For example, our physicians are in every area of leadership across the organization. That means every strategic discussion has physicians at the table, and every market partners a physician leader with an administrator. The result is a focus on the details that are important to physicians
Submit CV to Kaitlyn McGinnis, Provider Recruiter, Novant Health Medical Group: email@example.com
Apply for Novant Health - Pediatric Neurologist-Epileptologist
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly.
You do not need to create an account to apply for this job.
This application including your CV, if uploaded, will be sent directly to the employer.